AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grills & Windows

+30
bengyson
James_
madoct10
James
Jes
@jason@
-Seng-
yongsoon
anjakan_putera
feihonglee
nightghost
tch
yeepie
GW
raymondt
shan
jh
cm
Kelly
LUCAS
DinKnight
hans
v-nee
yap_ben
tionwooi
T
JiNG
kelvin
johnvk
thedude
34 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Grills & Windows - Page 9 Empty Re: Grills & Windows

Post by Jega Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:21 am

James - thanks for you advice and info.. appreciated it bro..
Jega
Jega

Back to top Go down

Post by bengyson Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Jega wrote:
bengyson wrote:Hi Tionwooi,
Can you share with me what kind of renovation that you have done for the house? How much have you spend? at least I can estimate my budget better. As quoted by the renovator for showroom at B-14, the estimate cost is around 38k as per what you can see in the show unit.

Hi Bengyson,

I did talk to that reno too on last weekend but yet to conclude, still looking around. Tionwooi has a better view to comment on their workmanship, as i've schedule my self to visit his unit to see the contractor's workmanship. Do you have any other quotation / contractors in hand which you mind share with me?

Hallo Jega,
I don't have any contractor to recommend to you as yet. This contractor was recommended by Uncle Sang when I meet up with him that day to check out my unit defects. From what I noticed quite a number of units engaging their reno service. So I presume those people have already done a good survey before hand Smile. At this point of time, I will concertrate with the defect fixing as I just noticed a new spot of water stain at the ceiling of my utility room and also the hair line crack at the Kitchen's ceiling. Sad

bengyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileyyy Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 pm

LUCAS wrote:according to the fat uncle contractor, the contractor LEE blacklisted bcoz all the time he go stop ppl and pass his namecard,even while u r driving.management received complaint says he is disturbing and so he is barred..also,he made his unit into show unit and it is restricted by house rules to make ur unit for commercial purpose..

Hi,

What I heard from some others is that the fat man Ah Sang, was trying to get side money from this contractor Lee. And initially the contractor use to give him a 100 or 200 for each house in block A. But then when he tried to do reno for the house in block B which is his own house, the fat man asked for about 10k and he refused to pay him. So this fat man went and give false report about the contractor to management and they got blacklisted.
But that stupid salesguy Kenny told me on day 1 itself that they blacklisted the Lee contractor due to bad work. But if his work was bad, i doubt that most people would still be taking him.
Honestly, I hate the sight of Kenny and Esther. Kenny is a blardy con salesman and Esther acts hell of a great until you have things in black and white that you require her to sign.
Looking at the workmanship of AH2 and also the rules they try to impose on our renovation, seems like a big mistake purchasing the unit here.

Smileyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:48 am

let me tell you smileyyy.... this lee contractor was threatend my reno contractor last time not to take up any job from AH as this is their terrotory. they are like road bully guarding at the entrance at all time to warn any outside contractor and promote their buiness at the same time and this is the reason they got blacklisted, they already got blacklisted during Block A time for your information.

I do not want to comment at their workmanship, for my information, their price are cheap and this is the reason most of people took up thier offer. their technique was always let you find all your quotes and at last will ask you what is the total price you get, they will just minor 10% off the price your so call "best" quote you get and will eventually pursuade you to took up theirs offer.

there is some picture taking last time showing that they hacking the wall like nobody buiness without consider shear wall and some case was even punch a hole through another neightbour wall. The fatty did know all this and close one eye because was taking something from them. This guy was smart later after studying that, management have the right not to let them go in so they purchase a unit a block B and make himself become one of the "resident" so that we cant stop him from entering AH.

for me, as long as they follow the rule, there is a free will for any resident whether to go with them or not. This was just a buiness competition and is nothing wrong about it provided everything comply to the rule :p
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:25 am

No point for us to further discuss on them since the fatty uncle Ah Sang was resigned. Besides, the Lee price no more cheap compare to last time mayb coz he bought a unit there.

Altho they was blacklisted but still many ppl appointed them to do their reno. They jus simply put a false contractor name there to get approval from MO. MO cant do anything on them!
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 am

For watever reason why management dont take action i cant understand. Making a unit into showhouse actually can be related to the safety and security of the community, as it is owned for commercial purpose. Imagine if they move on to other condo and bring their client to their showroom in AH to see their workmanship. Every ah gou ah mao will able to enter our premises without visitor pass or anything.
What if unauthorised people stay overnight in their showroom? Does it increase the chance of burglary?

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 am

The problem is management cant do anything on them since they r one of the owner. Cut their electrical n water supply? Tat is againts to law. Ask the guard to stop them doin business there? They lagi garang than the guard since they look like gangster. Mayb can ask police I think......Ha.....
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 am

Haiz.... Susah...
But is it true they own the unit? As i know, a lot of contractors sub the house from owner and renovate for them but in turn get 6 months or a year as showroom..

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:50 am

GW, I hv confirmed from MO. Tat the reason cant halau them.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Smileyyy wrote:
LUCAS wrote:according to the fat uncle contractor, the contractor LEE blacklisted bcoz all the time he go stop ppl and pass his namecard,even while u r driving.management received complaint says he is disturbing and so he is barred..also,he made his unit into show unit and it is restricted by house rules to make ur unit for commercial purpose..

Hi,

What I heard from some others is that the fat man Ah Sang, was trying to get side money from this contractor Lee. And initially the contractor use to give him a 100 or 200 for each house in block A. But then when he tried to do reno for the house in block B which is his own house, the fat man asked for about 10k and he refused to pay him. So this fat man went and give false report about the contractor to management and they got blacklisted.
But that stupid salesguy Kenny told me on day 1 itself that they blacklisted the Lee contractor due to bad work. But if his work was bad, i doubt that most people would still be taking him.
Honestly, I hate the sight of Kenny and Esther. Kenny is a blardy con salesman and Esther acts hell of a great until you have things in black and white that you require her to sign.
Looking at the workmanship of AH2 and also the rules they try to impose on our renovation, seems like a big mistake purchasing the unit here.

Yeah... we dun like them too.
Lets look at the rules from a different point of view. If there are no rules:
- someone on the ground floor can hack up all his wall (including shear wall) and it will be Highland Tower no. 2
- your neighbour might be installing a sliding gate that slides all the way to your front door
- the condo will look like a Bangla quarters from outside becoz because some people decided to install an extended "bird cage" grill to hang out some flower pots
- workers working hours? What if you have already moved in and your neighbour decides to start renovation every Sunday at 6am?

So rules got good, got no good also lah. That's life staying in a condo.
No regrets buying lah... good market value. Almost every week got Sales Agent calling to ask me to sell my unit. Anyone want the contacts? Cheers... cheers
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Since the day I haven collect my key until 2day, I received call & sms from agent more than 80! I knew tis coz I wrote down every single sms or call.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 am

tionwooi,sounds like u r planning to sell it..

hws the grill at yard issue?any1 approach MO lately?
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by madoct10 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:13 am

thedude wrote:
Smileyyy wrote:

Hi,

- someone on the ground floor can hack up all his wall (including shear wall) and it will be Highland Tower no. 2
- your neighbour might be installing a sliding gate that slides all the way to your front door
- the condo will look like a Bangla quarters from outside becoz because some people decided to install an extended "bird cage" grill to hang out some flower pots
- workers working hours? What if you have already moved in and your neighbour decides to start renovation every Sunday at 6am?

No regrets buying lah... good market value. Almost every week got Sales Agent calling to ask me to sell my unit. Anyone want the contacts? Cheers... cheers
AGREE!!!!!
madoct10
madoct10

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 am

tionwooi wrote:Since the day I haven collect my key until 2day, I received call & sms from agent more than 80! I knew tis coz I wrote down every single sms or call.

Hey bro, before I even met u, u already want to sell and leave ar? lol! lol! lol!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileyyy Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

thedude wrote:
Smileyyy wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

I have to agree on the fact that they do need to have rules. But too much of rules is also not good. After all we are not staying there for free. It's us as individual that is paying for the house, we have taken the loan and spent on renovation. What I do not agree is MO imposing rules on things we do that cannot harm the exterior look of the building, or things that can't harm their structure. To look at it from another point of view, the developer/MO knows well enough that their work is not good, and they fear that things we do might harm the structure, which then will lead to an inspection by the authority. Thus to safeguard themselves, what they do is to put too much of rules. I am honestly okay with their rules, but then to a certain extend I know their rules are just a bit too much. I have a unit with bad defects, walked up to KPKT as well. So I know how this developer works and I know for a fact that the money paid to own this condominium is not worth it at all. I have seen many low cost condominium with WAY better workmanship. I have seen unit that cost about RM100, low cost apartment by sime darby, but work definitely far better than Aman Heights. FYI, our developer is also blacklisted by KPKT. Mistake I made was not to do a research on our developer before purchasing. Well, whatever said I have purchased this unit and I hope the defects I had does not reoccur.

Smileyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 pm

err... if it is all about the grill issue, we can look into it to check whether it is cover by regulations or just a rule set by developer. if it is the second case, if majority was agree to change it then we change it. (majority win) but in any case, I can still install my grill without breaking the rule Very Happy
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:43 pm

thedude wrote:
tionwooi wrote:Since the day I haven collect my key until 2day, I received call & sms from agent more than 80! I knew tis coz I wrote down every single sms or call.

Hey bro, before I even met u, u already want to sell and leave ar? lol! lol! lol!

No lah, I dun hv any idea wanna to sell it. So for sure v hv chance to meet up in future.
Wrote down jus wanna to know our developer hv sell out our particular to how many agents!
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 am

blacklist does not work. they can just register another name Superior Consortium and continue their business. the "friendly lady in charge of LAD" personally threatened me with this during negotiation.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 am

their had blacklisted due to fail to pay compound... wow... what compound they kena Laughing
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileyyy Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:19 am

GW wrote:blacklist does not work. they can just register another name Superior Consortium and continue their business. the "friendly lady in charge of LAD" personally threatened me with this during negotiation.

If you don't mind, what is LAD? And what were you negotiating with them?

Smileyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:33 am

GW
I know how you feel..I was threaten by that "friendly lady in charge of LAD" too.. don't let me know they have another project...
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Smileyyy wrote:
GW wrote:blacklist does not work. they can just register another name Superior Consortium and continue their business. the "friendly lady in charge of LAD" personally threatened me with this during negotiation.

If you don't mind, what is LAD? And what were you negotiating with them?

Smilleyyy, I forgot the full name of LAD but to make it simple it is the penalty pay by developer to the owner due to the late handover. For condo, the maximum handover period must be within 3 years from the S&P date. If developer fail to handover then the penalty of 10% per anumm will be incure to them and they need to pay to the resident respectively according to the day of delay Very Happy
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by @jason@ Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 am

How is the grill issue going on? my grill bracket was install inside the yard but this coz the window can't fit into that area & the installer need me to put the bracket at outside the yard, is it ok to do that?

@jason@

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 am

nothing is allowed to installed outside,even bracket...else ur deposit will be hold untill...house rules is changed?
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 am

Headache la this grill issue..

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content