AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grills & Windows

+30
bengyson
James_
madoct10
James
Jes
@jason@
-Seng-
yongsoon
anjakan_putera
feihonglee
nightghost
tch
yeepie
GW
raymondt
shan
jh
cm
Kelly
LUCAS
DinKnight
hans
v-nee
yap_ben
tionwooi
T
JiNG
kelvin
johnvk
thedude
34 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Grills & Windows - Page 8 Empty Re: Grills & Windows

Post by LUCAS Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:17 am

ATTENTION ALL:
has been informed by aziyan that the grill at yard shud not be install (bracket for screw) at outside..must be hidden inside,like main entrance..PC has hold all owners' application for refund due to this reason.i chk many units also installed outside,onli few complies..even unit renovated by HaoHwa...
nw wan2 collecte information..is all grill installed outside didnt get their refund or they jz suddenly wan2 be strict on this..mine also installed outside as i refer haohwa unit.wan2 fight back my 1k depo
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by @jason@ Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:33 am

wats the reason they want to do like that, it seems like not much different to install outside or inside! scratch

@jason@

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:58 am

LUCAS wrote:ATTENTION ALL:
has been informed by aziyan that the grill at yard shud not be install (bracket for screw) at outside..must be hidden inside,like main entrance..PC has hold all owners' application for refund due to this reason.i chk many units also installed outside,onli few complies..even unit renovated by HaoHwa...
nw wan2 collecte information..is all grill installed outside didnt get their refund or they jz suddenly wan2 be strict on this..mine also installed outside as i refer haohwa unit.wan2 fight back my 1k depo

Bro, my unit yard grille haven install yet. Wat u mean is the grille must put inside the yard "hole" n no bracket for screw outside? If yes tat mean the grille must smaller than the "hole" rite? Is tat wat u mean?

Coz I scare their meaning is grille put inside, window outside, tat mean cant c the grille from outside coz block by window. I hv ask Aziyan PERSONALLY b4, she answer me CAN install outside but I'm not sure the outside she mean is the grille larger than the "hole" or grille outside, window inside. As I knew previously Aman I grille was install inside n window outside, outside cant c the grille.

I wanna to put sliding window there. If grille inside n window outside will b look ugly! If jus the matter of grille put inside the "hole" or outside (grille larger) but not related to the window then I think jus like Jason said not much different.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 am

Guys,
the issue is the bolt and nut is not allowed to install at outside only?
OR
the grills must be fit in the hole?

from Lucas post, what i understand is the bolt and nut is not allowed to install at outside only confused

LUCAS wrote:ATTENTION ALL:
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:24 am

guys,
1st of all,bolts n nuts not allowed outside..bt then i duno whether can poke out or not..she show me a drawing onli bolts n nuts not allowed..
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 am

confirm wif aziyan jz nw..no poke out n no mounting outside...
if u make 3panel sliding window,space is very limited..advise to do 2 panel onli...i also headache nw
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 am

Mine also install outside, now they say cannot? So many units do the same thing, including those "resident" contractors. I also doing 3 panel window, if the grille need to rest inside the hole, can fit both?
Sometimes they dont know their workmanship. My bedroom windows the grille is so hard to install, because the window edge is "slanting". Grille person told me is impossible to make "slanting grille" because the whole window will look slanted. So sure have gap by the side. Anyway, during my reno application, they only said design must follow developer. Some people install window at BALCONY also they didnt take action, if not mistaken..

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

There is no issue for me to put inside but normally if v put inside v need the L-shape side to cover the gap between the grille n our wall coz most of our wall r slanting.

If do like tis then v need to open a hole on the grille if v install ventilation fan in the yard. How about the window? B4 or after grille if v c from corridor?
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by -Seng- Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

Mine is install inside. My contractor do it for me without asking me.

Get your Unifi/Streamyx here
Save your time, I will do it for you Very Happy

-Aman Heights B-1-9 owner-

-Seng-

Back to top Go down

Post by yongsoon Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:04 pm

My yard grills also installed outside.. Let us fight back our deposit. Better we go to ask the developer by group, if alone no power. Maybe we can arrange a suitable date and discuss with the developer issue. Actually this is not a big issue. I think they just find a reason to keep our deposit for their own use.

yongsoon

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Good idea. We are not doing those like flower pot protuding ones. i install outside becos of 3 panel sliding window!
Im available on next monday. Lets share here about who interested to nego this thing with MO.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yongsoon Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm

GW. nego with MO is not use. Now the problem is the developer instruct the MO to do that. MO just do their job.

yongsoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jes Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Did anyone do any extra plug at shear wall? Will they forfeit the deposit?

Jes

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 pm

mine is also installed outside the wall. my understanding of the ruling is that we are not allowed to install grills that are protruding like those with flower pots. using bolts and nuts is just a lame excuse for them to take our deposit away. if 100 units were to do the same that's 100k extra for them!

James

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 am

James wrote:mine is also installed outside the wall. my understanding of the ruling is that we are not allowed to install grills that are protruding like those with flower pots. using bolts and nuts is just a lame excuse for them to take our deposit away. if 100 units were to do the same that's 100k extra for them!

I agree with you. If they want take my deposit away, ask them to take down each and every "outside grille" installed in AH1 and AH2. It cannot be double standard that those who reno now and the deposit still with them only are affected by this ridiculous ruling!
And I have checked with my contractor, seems if want to change the grille to inside yard behind window, need to redo the whole thing. Anyone asked?

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:36 am

For my case the grills is ready but haven't fix on.
however it still can be fix...
i trying to negotiate with MO and my contractor for this mater.
Contractor said he will be headache due to this issue
MO said must follow the rules and "u can ask contractor CUT the grills to adjust the size of the grills, everything (grills + window) must be fit in the hole". gross

yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by madoct10 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 am

Headaches!!!!! Suspect
madoct10
madoct10

Back to top Go down

Post by James_ Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 am

I tot the deposit is for "If we damage any facility in Aman Height during the renovation" ?? .. they need to understand unhappy ppl will damage more thing around =.=''''

Is there any spec from them what can be done or what cannot ? Some of the spec is grey area and not well define right ? Anyone bring this to the lawyer .. ?

Ha ha ha .. i haven't sign the defect fix form yet.. if they do this to me, will do the same and request them fix every single tiny holes in my house.. else send a letter to the lawyer say they not fix the defects Smile

James_

Back to top Go down

Post by bengyson Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:26 am

I come across the showroom at B-14 for renovation. The reno company called Hao Hua HT Construction & Renovation. Anyone have any comment from this ronovater in term of price and workmanship...? Need some advise as I'm still surveying around for the good price. Smile

bengyson

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 am

bengyson wrote:I come across the showroom at B-14 for renovation. The reno company called Hao Hua HT Construction & Renovation. Anyone have any comment from this ronovater in term of price and workmanship...? Need some advise as I'm still surveying around for the good price. Smile

I hv appointed them to do my reno. Their price consider reasonable n workmanship OK coz all chinese workers.

Jus back from MO n talked wif Aziyan to clarify on the grille issue. I hv showed her the photos I took to make the thing clear.
Below r the results.

Grills & Windows - Page 8 Img_0022
Tis is NOT ALLOWED coz bracket n grille is install outside the yard hole.

Grills & Windows - Page 8 Img_0023
Tis is ALLOWED since the grille is put inside the yard hole.

Grills & Windows - Page 8 Img_0024
But if v put inside the yard hole then v will c the gap between the wall n grille.

Grills & Windows - Page 8 Img_0025
So v need to put a skirting to cover the gap jus like our main door grille n tis is ALLOWED.

Last edited by tionwooi on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by bengyson Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 am

Hi Tionwooi,
Can you share with me what kind of renovation that you have done for the house? How much have you spend? at least I can estimate my budget better. As quoted by the renovator for showroom at B-14, the estimate cost is around 38k as per what you can see in the show unit.

bengyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jega Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

bengyson wrote:Hi Tionwooi,
Can you share with me what kind of renovation that you have done for the house? How much have you spend? at least I can estimate my budget better. As quoted by the renovator for showroom at B-14, the estimate cost is around 38k as per what you can see in the show unit.

Hi Bengyson,

I did talk to that reno too on last weekend but yet to conclude, still looking around. Tionwooi has a better view to comment on their workmanship, as i've schedule my self to visit his unit to see the contractor's workmanship. Do you have any other quotation / contractors in hand which you mind share with me?
Jega
Jega

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:03 pm

thanks tionwooi for the photos...bt,there's a drawing attached to the reno application form we filled in..so,i hope to get ppl who has got their depo refunded altho the grill no follow...then we would hv a case...i saw some units has able to comply...so no good for us...

btw,ppl from PC has come to inspect the units once a while...if u r doing "illegal" hacking of wall,ask ur contractor to close door...if "she" walks in n saw it,ur depo also gone...

i got another new issue..share wif u guys in aircon topic...
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by James_ Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 am

Jega wrote:
bengyson wrote:Hi Tionwooi,

Hi Bengyson,

I did talk to that reno too on last weekend but yet to conclude, still looking around. Tionwooi has a better view to comment on their workmanship, as i've schedule my self to visit his unit to see the contractor's workmanship. Do you have any other quotation / contractors in hand which you mind share with me?

Just to share the B-14 have a lot of additional feature added (Design on celing when you come in and in between the area between rooms, Design on the kitchen square opening, Iron rod grill etc). To cut cost, can ruduce those design to just put a designed lamp.. look nice also.. If just basic renovation, i believe it cost RM20-25K... Survey a lot of contractor .. I take B-14 because teh price is reasonable (Not too cheap or expensive). Workmanship is quite good .. but VERY FAST can complete !!

James_

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 am

LUCAS wrote:thanks tionwooi for the photos...bt,there's a drawing attached to the reno application form we filled in..so,i hope to get ppl who has got their depo refunded altho the grill no follow...then we would hv a case...i saw some units has able to comply...so no good for us...

btw,ppl from PC has come to inspect the units once a while...if u r doing "illegal" hacking of wall,ask ur contractor to close door...if "she" walks in n saw it,ur depo also gone...

i got another new issue..share wif u guys in aircon topic...

Lucas, my opinion is, rule is rule, set rule, everybody comply. If they allow some unit to install outside, then others can too. Just like in court, if there is same preceeding case, that case will can be referred in future by the defendant when the judge rule.
Tats why i say, unless they ask each and everyone who install outside to take down their grille, then we surely have a point for argument.
As far as i can see, this PC is deliberately cari pasal to telan our deposit.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next