AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renovation Plans

+14
tionwooi
chumi4
hans
SuZhi
kelvin
yeepie
pneuma
T
jh
JiNG
shan
johnvk
yap_ben
thedude
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Renovation Plans Empty Renovation Plans

Post by thedude Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 am

Went to check out the progress again last week since I receive a mail that the building is pending CF.
Have any of you planned on your renovations yet?
Anybody took the renovation package?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Renovation Plans Empty Re: Renovation Plans

Post by yap_ben Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:26 am

I didnt take the renovation plan that they offered. I think is quite a little bit expensive. BTW do anyone know any contractor or ID people or services to get our unit decorated Question Very Happy
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 am

I'm sure when they hand over the units there be'll lots of flyers and name cards (like the Ah Long name card) everywhere. cheers
But I think the question is how much you want to spend and what do you want to do?
I also dunno what to do.
But I think if we're to get it to look like the show unit, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg. lol! affraid
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 pm

hmm..for

1st stage ..
planning to do the wiring, plumbing work before proceed with tiling and plaster ceiling....

2nd stage..
cabinets..

list will go on once budget is right..
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 am

Anyone planning to put up some grills?
Are we allowed to install the grills?
Anyone have any idea?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

bro..not sure laa..coz normally condo they dont allow to put it outside..maybe from inside can kot..
and of course the front grill can fix..hehee ..not really know for sure.. will ask them and see..
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am

For those who wanted to get a head start on getting quotations for renovations and stuffs, below is the measurements that I've taken for a typical Type A1 unit i.e.; A-XX-3. Dimensions might have some tolerance but it should be good enough for a rough quotations. Dimensions are taken from one of the units. The SPA drawing does not have such dimensions. Hope some of you will find it useful.

Kitchen
Renovation Plans Aman_h10

Master Bedroom
Renovation Plans Aman_h11
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 am

thanks for sharing bro.. hey anyway..why not many in this forum arr..heheheh notice only both of us
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by shan Tue May 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks a lot for the sizing measurement. I am thinking of doing a separator between the living room and the bedroom. Then the bedroom will be covered up. I tried scouting around for the price, but kind of expecting around RM1K. Have anyone start checking out the renovation price. Maybe can share a bit.

shan

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 am

There's so much to shop for.
Anything from your electrical appliances, kitchen cabinets, furnitures, sinks, taps, paint, grills, tiles, etc. etc.
I have started scouting around as I found the prices varies a lot especially for the cabinets.
Cheapest quote I got is around 6.5k and one quoted me 16k.
BiiiiiiiGGGGGGGG difference.
So my advise is always to get a few quote, compare and then only make your decision.

1k for the wall? Will it include plastering?
BTW, from pass experience, even after plastering, after some time cracklines will appear.
So...hehe... good luck...
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Wed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

hey bro,

where do you scout for the renovation shops shops? because I'm afraid get some contractors that very lousy in a way of workmanship, and delay.. now I renting the condo at puchong the kitchen cabinet that hold the sink not crack and uneven, water dripping inside the below cabinet now when you open the cabinet got smell and many green seaweed which I think I can scrub and sell Mad
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed May 27, 2009 6:08 pm

I've tried a few shops i.e.; Symphony (previously MFI, imported from UK, very good quality but expensive. used it before, good workmanship) in Bandar Putri, Signature Kitchen in IOI Mall, Kian Classic in Jusco Equine Park, some other shops in Carrefour Sri Petaling. The latter 2 not very professional lah. The last one in Carrefour is the cheapest but somehow I dun feel the confidence to trust them. Table top got many type i.e.; granite, marble, glass, laminated top, Korean stone, stainless steel, etc. You can even make a concrete top with ceramic tiles if you want. Even the cabinet itself have many choices. MDF, chipboard, stainless steel, ply wood, acrylic, etc. I also dunno how to choose. It all depends on your budget in the end I guess. But again, cheap thing no good thing? Haha... Your leak should be from poor sealing of the gap between the sink and the worktop unless the workmanship is so bad that even the worktop joint is leaking. But since you're moving soon anyway, who cares.... Hahahaha.....
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 am

Oh Man.. Thinking of the renovation really chopping my head off.. But im AHII owner lar, so still long.. hahaha... Once you guys done yours, mind if I go inspect inspect ar? Razz
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jh Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:26 pm

when can we really do our renovation? after get key of need to wait for CF?

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 am

i believe we can start renovation if we got the key together with temporary CF, correct me if i'm wrong

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 am

Hi JH,

So according to you, we need to somehow ask approval from the Developer architect if we wish to whack off some wall? hhmm..

Another queries, anyone know if we can make the Window on our balconi? thinking of sealing the balcony like the show room of cos, instead of the whole piece of glass, i want to make a window there.. dunno its possible or not.. anyone asked before? hehe
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Renovation Plans Empty RE: windows

Post by pneuma Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:05 am

Dear Jing,
I think you are referring to the laundry area, right? I heard from the seller, putting up grills is possible, so probably windows should be fine. Anyhow, whatever it is, have to pass through the management approval. The glass in the showroom is for "show" only so no one can climb in to steal the furniture, I guess. It is actually advisable to have grills for those units on the ground floor because its so low that people can climb in.

I think there should be some kind of standard. Otherwise, everyone would put up different things and the whole apartment would look very messy.

pneuma

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:06 am

Err.. I actually mean the Balcony side.. Just wondering if I can make it an indoor Balcony.. The one near the living room.. Its quite a waste if just let it be balcony where the view is block A. haha.. Unless the view is at klcc side, then may be i will leave the balcony open.. hhmm..
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:17 pm

T wrote:i believe we can start renovation if we got the key together with temporary CF, correct me if i'm wrong

Is there such thing as temporary CF?
Anyway, I think it's best to get the developer to rectify all the faults and complaints first before you do anything to your unit.
Else, they might find some excuse to deny that the fault is theirs.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 am

JiNG wrote:Hi JH,

So according to you, we need to somehow ask approval from the Developer architect if we wish to whack off some wall? hhmm..

Another queries, anyone know if we can make the Window on our balconi? thinking of sealing the balcony like the show room of cos, instead of the whole piece of glass, i want to make a window there.. dunno its possible or not.. anyone asked before? hehe

are you want to seal the balcony or the yard??
if you wanna to seal the yard to make it as a wet kitchen it should not be a problem...
i think developer will announce the standard measurement of the windows for the yard...
however if you want to seal the balcony..... it is weird... coz it will effect the exterior look for the building plus, it also will coz the fresh air cannot moving into your unit.
btw as wat i know any renovation which will affecting the exterior looks of the building will need to get developer advice 1st... Wink
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 am

hhmm... mine is for the balcony.. but hor.. I was thinking, sure a lot of ppl will put the grill at balcony as to prevent ppl from climbing in, so, its uglier compare to my window le. .hahhaha..

The air, i can open the window as and when i need the fresh air Razz but still really hope i can put a window there.. so that my living room is more spacy..
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:56 am

hehe... normally at condo the resident will set the grill at the sliding door at the balcony, usually it will only be done by those who stay in lower unit...

maybe you are right, you just need to get developer approval on your renovation plan.
hei, if developer approve it let us know so all of us can do same haha....
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:16 pm

I came across kian classic at jusco equine park and Legent at sg long. Who got experience on this 2 company? which one is better?
Thanks for your help Embarassed
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 pm

kelvin wrote:I came across kian classic at jusco equine park and Legent at sg long. Who got experience on this 2 company? which one is better?

Did you meet the lady that keeps chewing gum while talking to you? Hahahaa...
I feel they not very "pro" lah...
Limited choice and price not so competitive also lah...
But that's my 2 cents worth lah...
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm

thedude wrote:
kelvin wrote:I came across kian classic at jusco equine park and Legent at sg long. Who got experience on this 2 company? which one is better?

Did you meet the lady that keeps chewing gum while talking to you? Hahahaa...
I feel they not very "pro" lah...
Limited choice and price not so competitive also lah...
But that's my 2 cents worth lah...

lol, she just a sales person mar, maybe the "sifu" work good ler haha.
any recomendation from you? I am really new to this. I pretty concern bout workmanship
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next