AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacking-Wall

+17
Calvin
@jason@
hkway
Jes
raymondt
T
DinKnight
cm
pg
yap_ben
JiNG
tionwooi
kelvin
LUCAS
thedude
johnvk
hans
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hacking-Wall Empty Hacking-Wall

Post by hans Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Guys, Just heard, minor hacking not allowed...
espeacially on so called sher walls....
I do wonder how our unit gonna be like with casing all around....
definalety we do need minor hacking for extra power point....
they should hv given ample power points and easy A/C installation setup......
now they are talking abt safety and so on..even some of us im sure taken alectric upgrade package..where got enough?
Barely an inch needed to have for wiring....will make structure shaky wanna?
really blur..............
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Hacking-Wall Empty Re: Hacking-Wall

Post by johnvk Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 pm

hans i understand ur concern..same goes here.. but sher wall kenot be hacked simply as it will be causing the intergrity of whole building..

as for the ac points try to hide it by having cabinets in between like me, kelvin n thedude and extra wiring..i gues minor hacking within 1 inch should be ok..coz just tanam the wire not the whole pipe....
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 pm

well..ur right...but this boils down to poor planning during architectural stage n we gotta play some hide n seek game to arrange those wirings...gotta plan something la....
anyway...thank John for ur info...

Cheers
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:41 am

Well.. it's a fact that the developer and his team are screwed up. lol!
I like your choice of words... hide n seek...
I initially have no plan whatsoever for plaster ceiling, becoz of this I have to fork out extra just to cover THEIR fault.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 am

no hacking hw2 add extra power point, switch and so?some more like the guest bathroom dun hv heater point.luxury outside and cheap inside with trunking.
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Aman Heights's slogan : Luxurious Lifestyle Made Affordable.... through bad design, short sightedness and poor management. lol!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:48 pm

haiz..... block A is always guinee pig lar =.=

first time developer....
not enough point allocation for block A - idetify later but not all taking the package
actually now the big problem is aircond.... if the design is to put aircond at the sher wall, they should offer the package in the first place or make it standard offer at least for living room and master room for aircond package.
I means they alread know hacking is not allow on the sher wall thats what is the point just prepare a aircond piping only there? they assume we all will use ugly box cover up?
but what ever done is done, my opinion here is not to find fault but if they can improve it for block B or C, then at least prove they listen to our opinion.
(oops maybe block B is too late dy... block C maybe haha)
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Sad Sad Sad
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:20 am

block B.. err... can can.. start from 11 floor lor.. my floor.. hahhahaha
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Dude,
Respect man!
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pg Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:00 pm

Effect of wall hacking, click here

pg

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Just wondering the aircond compressor can put outside like the link above? I thought must be inside our yard area. Question
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 am

that one is ur blog? the unit that get stop order is it the one from floor 10?
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 am

Well....
With thier poor design of electrical fittings and plumbings, now we are having tough time to even do some simple things. Heard the other day that the hacking went to the next door.....bt to my surprise it was part of shear wall which was hollow inside made the drilling overshoot further in...can u beat that....?? that 1 they can t see.....and talking abt safety and so on....
every marketing personnel there hv become safety officers and some senior engineers n architects.... Smile.....
Last time no CF, we patiently listen to all their grandmother stories, event kena tapau with their key delivery without CF and even paid maintenance for charity...... Feeling really dumb by giving them so much face.........looking options to deal with building societies n relevant councils to come up with smtg.....
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by cm Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:20 am

I am surprised just a minor hacking can cause a hole to the next. Really surprised that we can't do hacking. Can we do hacking for wiring? I just want to be sure here.

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:24 am

cm bro....as per rules set by shortsighted great developers..u cant....u may want to consider casing all around ur beloved house to take care of the unforseen safety issues.....which they were sleeping on it for more than 3yrs now....take rm 1300 upgrade package also where enough meh.... Smile..
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:59 am

some wall do allow hacking I guess, do refer to management. It is been understood shear wall cannot be hack. The problem arise is because architech do not identified the need for the additional power point earlier so for those do not take upgrade package will suffer. Personally for me, I do have chance to take the package earlier but I decline it because at that time I do not understand what is shear wall and do not realize I will not allow hacking. =.=
anyway, got some info from internet about "what is shear wall" for sharing

A shear wall is a wall which is designed to resist shear, the lateral force which causes the bulk of damage in earthquakes. Many building codes mandate the use of shear walls to make homes safer and more stable, and learning about shear walls is an important part of an architectural education. Architects are obliged to think about shear walls and other safety features when they design a structure, so that they can accommodate the walls to make the structure sound while also aesthetically pleasing.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:58 am

great post kevin....I still wonder y this jokers didnt know offhand and gave few options to purchasers to choose from extra lighting,power,high amp power points.....and also should hv given alternative wiring layouts....it should hv been done long time ago.....so much time spen on delay... now last minute many of the purchasers gonna hv a hard time due to their ignorance....wish could hv used a better word.......heard some may bring press ppl to highlight this issue.....dunno true or not....i wonder when..then all of us can input also...

Smile..

cheers
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 am

Kelvin, then which of the wall in our unit is shear wall and cant allow to hack? Kitchen? Living room? Or master bedroom?
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 am

HI tionwooi,...i guess u can get the basic diagram from their office....but wt i gather,more than 80% of each unit is made of shear wall(i estimate only)..although i have not start anyhting yet, i'm already having hard time to plan anything already....sigh.....

roughly..the end to end main wall sharing with ur neighbour,the end wall of ur master ,2nd n 3rd room,part of kithen n yard...n the tv cabinet wall...haha..all are shear...u can confirm ..hope im not wrong....

Smile

cheers
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 am

lol, I also not go and study in detail, for wat I know, the wall between ur second and third room is definately not shear wall, you can do anything u like there, even remove the whole wall to make second and third room into one room. haha

But tionwooi, you can get the diagram from maintenance office regarding which wall can be hack and cannot be hack. lucky for you is block B already standard install with the upgrade package for electrical point where block A need to take as optional.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by DinKnight Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Kelvin,

Really, block B is pre-installed with the upgrade package for electrical points? I never knew....

But I still foresee I will need additional plug points, so I guess I still need to hack as well.

kelvin wrote:l lucky for you is block B already standard install with the upgrade package for electrical point where block A need to take as optional.
DinKnight
DinKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by hans Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:09 am

DinKnight..u better start doing urr homework before the blame game starts....start to think abt lighting,power,plumbing points...i also realise late..but guess its too late...wish there could be alternative......actually i also dunno Blk B got pre electrical upgrade package..still cant imagine casing around my living ,kithen..maybe dining.... Sad

Anyway the upgrade is bulshit, it was a neccessity....shld have given in the 1st place..then shld ask purchasers to upgrade with options....too greedy or shortsighted.....hehe
hans
hans

Back to top Go down

Post by cm Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 am

Really surprised that AH is so "stringent" on wall hacking. My brother also bought a condo recently. No problem at all with wall hacking and he had installed 20 power points. The developer (PJ Development) is far more well known and I wonder why they can but AH can't.

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by DinKnight Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:15 am

two days ago I went to AH to see an actual bare unit. The sales guy who attended to me seemed blur. I say this because when I asked if I can hack any wall, he said no problem one, subject to Management. Everything also subject to Management. Haih~~~

yeah, Block B owners need to start planning now. if really cannot hack, need to figure out creative ways to hide the casings on the ceilings and walls.
DinKnight
DinKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum