AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renovation Plans

+14
tionwooi
chumi4
hans
SuZhi
kelvin
yeepie
pneuma
T
jh
JiNG
shan
johnvk
yap_ben
thedude
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Renovation Plans - Page 3 Empty Re: Renovation Plans

Post by SuZhi Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:01 pm

ohh~the door is nice...hope u can get approve ! Let us know after the approval. Cool

SuZhi

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 am

Hey Dude,

Looks like your car is the only solution.. hahahha.. So anyone has any idea what to do with our BIG balcony? haih.. headache..
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jh Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:42 am

big balcony usage? planning on putting 3p mahjong table there... just nice and fit fit Smile

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jes Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 am

Any one have go to survey how much is the cost for doing the kitchen cabinet, grill for the main door, installation of the electric item, etc? Cos wanted to know how much the budget that need to spend oh. Mind to share Smile

Jes

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 am

How much you need to spend depends on how "classy" you want your unit to look and how fussy you are on quality.

Actually the balcony can do a lot of things.
Can do like the show unit.
Can put up a swing.
Or a rocking chair.
Or a hammock. Sleep
Can put a mat and do like japanese style.
Can put a punching bag.
Can turn it into a Balinese shower.
Can put your aquarium there.
Mahjong? Hope you have deaf neighbours. lol!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SuZhi Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:09 am

Kitchen cabinet about : RM5k-10k included sink & tap(Laminate)if chip board is even cheaper,belowRM5k(hanging & bottom),Stainless Steel Grille about : RM1500+1800 Electric about : below RM4k ( Included all lightings + 4 fans & points) these are all depends your choice on choosing the lights & fans & the solid surface for kitchen cabinet.

Thanks.

SuZhi

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 am

S/S grill RM1.8k is for the main door only right? That day I went to the exhibition in Mid Valley the price super high nowadays for S/S. You have the contact?

Kitchen cabinet have many quality not just on the type of finishing but also the material. 10k include hood and hob? Be careful of those hood & hob set that you can get below 1.5k. No auto cleaning feature. With auto clean feature should be around 2.6k but easier to maintain. Depending on your design, the worktop could cost as much as your cabinet. The solid surface worktop also got many grade ranging from 140 to 260 per foot run. If you r on a budget and cook mostly Maggi mee, can consider the lamnated top.

Lightings, unless you want to put up those 4ft flourescent tube light, will cost you around 1600 excluding installation. Energy saving bulbs initial cost is higher but operation cost is lower. 1.6k is my estimates with energy saving bulbs. If you want fancy fancy lights be prepared to pay much more. But do shop around for bargain. Price for the same model can be different by quite an amount.

Curtains??? Dun forget about curtains. Depends on what you want, can cost quite a lot.

Painting / Wallpaper??? I still dunno the cost. Have not find a contractor yet. Easily 4k?

Appliances & furniture?? Your sofa, coffee table, tv cabinet, bed, mattress, carpet, washing machine, wardrobe, tv, home theatre, PS3, WII, XBox, Blue Ray, dining table. What about locks? You're confident with the original lock set? Want something more secure? From 300 - 3000.

Everything $$$. Stress... stress.... scratch scratch scratch
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 am

Oh...dun forget your fans and airconds. If you took the electrical upgrade package, you should have 5 fan points & 2 aircond points. So that's another 5-6k. Even more stressed now..... Rolling Eyes
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:39 am

plaster ceiling anyone...hehehe dun forget bcozneed to hidethe living room acc unit hose at the back...

haiz... roughly around 20k for all cabinet,tiles for yard,lights,electric stuff,sofas and so on...
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:53 am

real stressed... pale

by the way dude, the lighting you mentioned, does that inclusive or wiring as well??

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:00 am

How to put all those thing in balcony when the rain is going to pour in... haha.. sien sien..

wah.. Dude, you really provided rates there.. not bad not bad.. but all so expensive.. stress stress
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:09 am

Mr. Vampire, sure u want to box up your ceiling ar? Looks nice lah but become very low and very hot leh.
20k for everything? Sure or not? My estimates shows it's closer to 60k. My estimates lah. Razz Razz

T, not including any additional wiring / hacking. Just lights. You see a point, you put it up. Doesn't include workmanship to put it up also.
Hacking, adding points, relocating points is NOT cheap. Dun be surprise if it comes up to 5-figure for your concealed wiring (if a lot lah).
And usually wire men just hack the wall, they dun patch it back up.
So u need to fork up more to cement, plaster and paint it.
And did I mention that it's really messy, noisy and dusty?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:13 am

JiNG wrote:How to put all those thing in balcony when the rain is going to pour in... haha.. sien sien..

wah.. Dude, you really provided rates there.. not bad not bad.. but all so expensive.. stress stress

Today is Fear Factor , Aman Heights Edition. Hahahaaa.... lol!

Put a blind (if allowed to) to keep out the rain.
Or better buy stuff that can withstand water.
Most of the stuffs I've mentioned can be available in water tolerant material BUT again $$$.
Stress.... stress.... geek
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by pneuma Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:35 am

FYI,
I was at Jusco Equine yesterday and saw Kian Classic promotional package.

Kitchen cabinets/tops + 3 wardrobes (for three rooms) + tv/entertainment cabinet -> package price between 12K to 15K.

I am in no way promoting them and this is purely information. I have no idea how is their workmanship or whether its a good bargain. Maybe someone here have experiences with them.

pneuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jes Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks for all ur info. Very stress all $$$.... Now have to save money liao. No more money for shopping, facial, etc. Haha... thanks all!!

Jes

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 am

hahhaa..me more streess.. no money all defesit ..hahahaa
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 am

I just saw a DR amount in my bank account today.. the begin of my DEBT day start today.. hahahha..
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jh Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 am

Ya,gonna find out if my neighbour is ok with those unwanted sound.
Well,previously i was calculating about all the reno+furniture+electrical app should cost around 50k (blindly calculate).Now it is cutting budget time.

Was assumming wat can i do with only 30k budget.Btw my spouse is working with a reno company,hoping to get a great deal out of it.

Plaster silling is actually won't cause so much as the most expensive parts is the workmanships on the installation only.i estimated around 1-2k for living and master room.

kitchen area- hopefully i can spends like below 5k.include hood+hob.(not doiing much of cooking so mainly for display Smile )

fridge - 1.5k is big enough for small family usage just to put some fruits and drinks.

Washing machine - below 1k ( getting those toploader 6-7kg washing loads)

dining tables -1.5k included 6 chairs type.

Tv - LCD 32" will cost around 1.5k nowadays.(will be cheaper if i use back my old bulky tv ) +dvd player will be 0.5k there. but i was planning to put my extra desktop pc attach to my tv.The Dvd-rom should do the job for me.

sofa- i got survey b4,my type of liking is about 2k only.but need to look for more option as some cheaper type also can be nice looking and alst us very long.Because if u take those like 3-5k and will last u 5 years,honestly i will but 1.5-2k sofa now.Maybe later can change design Smile

Tv cabinet- below 1k can do it already.

Bedroom sets will be 4-5k.I'll invest more here,using it daily (every night) and also for our own health.

air-con - 1hp at master room and living room others just fans.2.5k plus extra point.

shower screen - got no idea but maybe estimate it for 2k for both toilet.

the other 2 rooms current plan is just simply put a bed for my parents and brothers if the wanna stay over night. thinking of buying tilam or maybe if got extra $$ will get a proper 1.

All this is around 25k another 5k extra to reach the line.Had i miss anything here? Yeah the 5k is for the metal grill and also some small appliances like cooking tools and dining stuff.

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Jh and who may concern, if you don want to use back your old bulky tv, may b you can buy from me, RM1200 you get a 32" LCD TV provide you dont mind to use China brand, even china brand already i hv yet receive any complain from customers. Smile somemore got 1 year warranty leh

Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 pm

pneuma wrote:FYI,
I was at Jusco Equine yesterday and saw Kian Classic promotional package.

Kitchen cabinets/tops + 3 wardrobes (for three rooms) + tv/entertainment cabinet -> package price between 12K to 15K.

I am in no way promoting them and this is purely information. I have no idea how is their workmanship or whether its a good bargain. Maybe someone here have experiences with them.

Yup. I took the brochure. The last time I went was much much much more expensive. Now seems like a bargain. Will go on Sat to find out more.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:54 pm

jh wrote:Ya,gonna find out if my neighbour is ok with those unwanted sound.
Well,previously i was calculating about all the reno+furniture+electrical app should cost around 50k (blindly calculate).Now it is cutting budget time.

Was assumming wat can i do with only 30k budget.Btw my spouse is working with a reno company,hoping to get a great deal out of it.

Plaster silling is actually won't cause so much as the most expensive parts is the workmanships on the installation only.i estimated around 1-2k for living and master room.

kitchen area- hopefully i can spends like below 5k.include hood+hob.(not doiing much of cooking so mainly for display Smile )

fridge - 1.5k is big enough for small family usage just to put some fruits and drinks.

Tv - LCD 32" will cost around 1.5k nowadays.(will be cheaper if i use back my old bulky tv ) +dvd player will be 0.5k there. but i was planning to put my extra desktop pc attach to my tv.The Dvd-rom should do the job for me.

sofa- i got survey b4,my type of liking is about 2k only.but need to look for more option as some cheaper type also can be nice looking and alst us very long.Because if u take those like 3-5k and will last u 5 years,honestly i will but 1.5-2k sofa now.Maybe later can change design Smile

Bedroom sets will be 4-5k.I'll invest more here,using it daily (every night) and also for our own health.

air-con - 1hp at master room and living room others just fans.2.5k plus extra point.

the other 2 rooms current plan is just simply put a bed for my parents and brothers if the wanna stay over night. thinking of buying tilam or maybe if got extra $$ will get a proper 1.

All this is around 25k another 5k extra to reach the line.Had i miss anything here? Yeah the 5k is for the metal grill and also some small appliances like cooking tools and dining stuff.

Living room put 1 HP? Not enough lah. At least 2HP i think. Else your aircon will always overload. Cannot tahan.
1.5k for 32" LCD? This price no full HD wor. That day Mid Valley exhibition selling Philip for 1388.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Kelly wrote:Jh and who may concern, if you don want to use back your old bulky tv, may b you can buy from me, RM1200 you get a 32" LCD TV provide you dont mind to use China brand, even china brand already i hv yet receive any complain from customers. Smile somemore got 1 year warranty leh

Hey Kelly, you open electrical shop one ar?
Where? u give discount lah...I bring the whole AH kampung there. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by jh Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm

dude, you are right maybe i should consider 2hp.

well,1.2k for china brand is ok, but i prefer to add abit to get some branded tv hehe Razz

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hint Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:20 pm

thedude wrote:
jh wrote:Ya,gonna find out if my neighbour is ok with those unwanted sound.

Ha, JH, will looking for you once my AH2 house done,ok? afro afro afro afro afro

Living room put 1 HP? Not enough lah. At least 2HP i think. Else your aircon will always overload. Cannot tahan.
1.5k for 32" LCD? This price no full HD wor. That day Mid Valley exhibition selling Philip for 1388.

Hint

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Firstly, I wanted to allocate 25k for renovation and some basic furniture. Now with the list you all stated here.. I was thinking 25k is not enought Sad
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next