AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Renovation contractors

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Renovation contractors

Post by johnvk on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:40 am

guys,

we (kelvin,thedude n myself) manage to survey and find out the best prices for the items that might meet ur interest.
kindly let us know if u need any more details.. u can see our houses as show unit

A/C = COOPER piping n fixing + conceal (rm550) per units limit to 1.0hp n 2.0hp only -(equine park)
Cabinets & Wardrobe -(bangi) price depends on ur design..
Plaster ceiling + wiring -( kajang) price depends on ur design..
Grill - ( jalan besar, seri kembangan) price depends on where u wanna put ur grills
windows + mirror -( equine) price depends on ur design..

happy hunting.. cheers
avatar
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-04-03
Age : 36
Location : Cyberjaya - Equine Park - Sri Petaling

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by jh on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:17 am

bro, can u put more info? as if waiting for your house to reno,it will be 1month atleast lo.

jh

Posts : 238
Join date : 2009-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by johnvk on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:16 pm

yes.. i can give more infor.. but if let say their work is not up to the standard or up to wat eva that they promise then how.. susah laa me..

so i need to see the work before i recomend..hope u get wat i mean.. but if u still insist then its ur wish..but dun balme me.. heheh just pm me
i will give u the contacts..
avatar
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 278
Join date : 2009-04-03
Age : 36
Location : Cyberjaya - Equine Park - Sri Petaling

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by thedude on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 am

johnvk wrote:guys,

we (kelvin,thedude n myself) manage to survey and find out the best prices for the items that might meet ur interest.
kindly let us know if u need any more details.. u can see our houses as show unit

A/C = COOPER piping n fixing + conceal (rm550) per units limit to 1.0hp n 2.0hp only -(equine park)
Cabinets & Wardrobe -(bangi) price depends on ur design..
Plaster ceiling + wiring -( kajang) price depends on ur design..
Grill - ( jalan besar, seri kembangan) price depends on where u wanna put ur grills
windows + mirror -( equine) price depends on ur design..

happy hunting.. cheers

The copper piping is for the normal aircond. If inverter unit the price is RM650 each.
avatar
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 693
Join date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by Kelly on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 am

Kumar, do you mind to email the contractors' company name, contact no & contact person to my email?
Will it be too early for a AHII buyer to enquiry?
I need to draw out my budget for renov my dream home too Embarassed
Thanks

Kelly

Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Seri Kembangan-Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by kelvin on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:22 pm

er...kelly, honestly it is really too early if you want to get any quotation now because what ever price u get now is means nothing cause it will definately change by the time ur house is ready. If you want to get some idea for budget purpose, maybe this will help u.

plaster celing - 3 to 5K for whole house depends ur design
wiring installtion and relocation - 1.5 to 2.5K depends ur design
Kitichen cabinet - standard should be about 3-4K for laminate surface and 5-7K for solid surface depends ur design
aircond installtion charge for AH standard ( due to long piping =.=) should come to 1K above for master room and living room.
electrical appliances - up to your preferences
dun forget to put in ur light, fans, airconds, cabinet, wardrobe, curtain, grills which I feel is neccesary for all.
additional funiture is again up to your preferences.
avatar
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-12-31
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by thedude on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:14 pm

4k for laminated top kitchen cabinet I think is without accesories i.e.; soft close doors & drawers, pull out basket, etc. Kitchen I think you'll most probably still need to include the hood & hob. Depending on your brand & design preference it could range from 1k to 8k. Dun forget your sink & tap. That's another 500 or more if u r going for branded.

Others (estimate only lah):

Wardrobe : 2k & above. Buy ready made also about this price for about the same size. 2k for 1 room only.
Painting / wallpaper : 2k & above. More if u want skimming or more wallpaper coverage.
Curtains : 1k & above. Ready made would be the cheapest lah.
Grills : 1k & above. Depends on the material you choose. This one for entrance, balcony & yard only.
Lightings : Unless u can live with the 4ft flourescent light, easily 2k or even more depending on your taste. Dun forget installation costs.
Fans : Another 1k or more if u buy branded or designer fan.

And many more. My estimate, the total to have everything in including the furniture & appliances, easily 60k. But of course, if u dun mind, some can buy after u move in lah if u have budget contraint (like me). It's good to identify (if got partner best do it together) what's your MUST HAVE and GOOD TO HAVE. For example, washing machine to me is a good to have but for you it might be a must have. That way you know what u die die also must spend and what u can spend latero r when your bonus comes in. Most importantly, dun end up being an Ah Long's customer. If u r thinking credit card, well.... it's gonna be 50 bucks each card from next year. I'm cancelling most of mine BTW. LOL

I also agree that now is too early. When u see outside they start to paint then it's about right lah. Or just follow ur bank's progressive billing lah. We can pass u all the contacts but it's still good to get other quotes before finalising.
avatar
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 693
Join date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by DinKnight on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 pm

thanks guys for giving us a clue on the cost breakdowns of respective upgrade works. this will help me in my own budgeting process.

I also practice the Must Have/Good To Have principle, so will prioritize the upgrade items in terms of importance.
avatar
DinKnight

Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 34
Location : Genting Highlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by LUCAS on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 am

Agreed...guess my 0% installment plan fail after our good PM announced the budget last week...everything must be in cash...still waiting for any bankers which would absorb the fee,surely under certain conditions...no bank has come out with a solution yet..
avatar
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Posts : 411
Join date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by Kelly on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 am

Agreed.... but better for me to plan first, recognise the MUST HAVE, $$$ always first issue, really tension No

Kelly

Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-07-02
Location : Seri Kembangan-Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by kelvin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 pm

normally identify and put ur money to settle all the "dirty" work first.
like plaster celing, wiring and point relocation, kitchen cabinet, aircond installation, tiles...etc.
put all electrical appliances for the last.
avatar
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 838
Join date : 2008-12-31
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by tionwooi on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 am

Guys, u may try to contact tis one stop renovation contractor for ur house renovation.
Mayb their price not the cheapest but wat can I say is their price still in the range of acceptable wif quality material among few contractors I found.
Altho I found another contractor offer more cheaper but no confidence on them coz I alway believe "good thing no cheap cheap price". Must b something wrong behind.

Of course u can ask a quotation from them not only for whole house renovation but portion by portion (plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, wiring......) oso can. If I'm not mistaken they r having promotion package for AH now.

Most probably I will let them to do my whole house renovation since my wife like their design n offer so much. But my budget is a bit tight, so mayb I'll provice them some materials to reduce the cost to the max.

Last, better for me to explain clearly here. I jus share the info I found but I din get any commision from them at all. So feel free to get a quotation from them ya. Mayb u can mention introduce by me (TENG) c can get more discount or not. Do let me know how powerful of my name ya! Ha...... lol!

Iiko Home Furnishing
20-1, Jalan Equine 9B,
Taman Equine,
Bandar Putra Permai,
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor.

Jean Tey 012-681 6916
Ion Chong 012-321 9950
avatar
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 682
Join date : 2009-04-27
Age : 37
Location : Seri Kembangan

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by tch on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 pm

thanks tion wooi, i'm looking for some recommended contractors with reasonable price & acceptable quality too (as i don't have deep pockets:p), will try ping them to get some quotes for wiring, plaster ceiling & cabinets, thanks for sharing! cheers
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by yap_ben on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:45 am

If not mistaken someone in the forum also can do some renovation. Is it kelly?
avatar
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-01-06
Age : 34
Location : Seremban-Puchong-Cyberjaya

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by chumi4 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Guys,

If any of you might still be looking for contractors for renovation, you can ask quote from HWA HUP DESIGN ..MR LIEW 0103175655...this guy has his own factory in SK and his pricing is not that high since no middle man.I don't get anything out of this,just to help out for those with budget constrain just like myself No HAPPY RENOVATING! I HAVE FINALLY SETTLE IN MY NEST!

chumi4

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by -Seng- on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:29 am

chumi4 wrote:Hi Guys,

If any of you might still be looking for contractors for renovation, you can ask quote from HWA HUP DESIGN ..MR LIEW 0103175655...this guy has his own factory in SK and his pricing is not that high since no middle man.I don't get anything out of this,just to help out for those with budget constrain just like myself No HAPPY RENOVATING! I HAVE FINALLY SETTLE IN MY NEST!


Congrats !



Get your Unifi/Streamyx here
Save your time, I will do it for you Very Happy

-Aman Heights B-1-9 owner-

-Seng-

Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-04-19
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by chumi4 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 pm

-Seng- wrote:
chumi4 wrote:Hi Guys,

If any of you might still be looking for contractors for renovation, you can ask quote from HWA HUP DESIGN ..MR LIEW 0103175655...this guy has his own factory in SK and his pricing is not that high since no middle man.I don't get anything out of this,just to help out for those with budget constrain just like myself No HAPPY RENOVATING! I HAVE FINALLY SETTLE IN MY NEST!


Congrats !



Get your Unifi/Streamyx here
Save your time, I will do it for you Very Happy

-Aman Heights B-1-9 owner-

THANKS SENG

chumi4

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by Jega on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:16 am

Chumi4,

Congrats!! I yet to start any reno work as i still looking around for quotations.. so far received 2.. still need to get more for comparision..

Seng - you from B-1-9?
avatar
Jega

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-03-06
Age : 34
Location : Tmn Sungai Besi Indah, Seri Kembangan

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by -Seng- on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 am

Jega wrote:Chumi4,

Congrats!! I yet to start any reno work as i still looking around for quotations.. so far received 2.. still need to get more for comparision..

Seng - you from B-1-9?


Ya bro, I am your neightbour !


Get your Unifi/Streamyx here
Save your time, I will do it for you Very Happy

-Aman Heights B-1-9 owner-

-Seng-

Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-04-19
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by chumi4 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Jega wrote:Chumi4,

Congrats!! I yet to start any reno work as i still looking around for quotations.. so far received 2.. still need to get more for comparision..

Seng - you from B-1-9?

Thank you Jega.You can compare with the contact that I pass above....Hope it helps...happy hunting

chumi4

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by cm on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Notice most of you seeking around Equine Park for renovator. Be warned about this contractor, Cawindor Decor (now Milla Home Decor). Click here
My friend's Bayan Villa screwed because of this.

cm

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by yap_ben on Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 am

cm: What's wrong with that? because I did got a quote from them and the lady boss got experience in AH but very LCLY
avatar
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-01-06
Age : 34
Location : Seremban-Puchong-Cyberjaya

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by cm on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

yap_ben wrote:cm: What's wrong with that? because I did got a quote from them and the lady boss got experience in AH but very LCLY

Got to know from an AH resident last week about this Cawindor Decor because he engaged this contractor too. Unbelievable that this joker contractor installed the sink in opposite direction and never correct their mistake. Also their grill suck, measurement not correct and they tilted the frame and patched the wall gap with lots silicone, something like "ngei ngei lai" installation. The kitchen cabinet also been lousiliy installed. They simply patched the scratches and holes of panels with fillers and never do any new replacement. Another joke is with good soft close hinges, like Blum, they also screwed up and all of the panels do not exhibit the feeling of soft close, in fact they just can't close by its own with a soft push because the hinges are not aligned. The last thing I remember is they did the satellite point extension by just wrapping with selefon tape and they told that poor guy initially that this is his own problem and don't keep complaining, and even suggesting to pull another new line with cost to fix this problem. Before engagement is friend, after engagement is monster. This is really LCLY like what you said.

cm

Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by TheGunners on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

tionwooi wrote:Guys, u may try to contact tis one stop renovation contractor for ur house renovation.
Mayb their price not the cheapest but wat can I say is their price still in the range of acceptable wif quality material among few contractors I found.
Altho I found another contractor offer more cheaper but no confidence on them coz I alway believe "good thing no cheap cheap price". Must b something wrong behind.

Of course u can ask a quotation from them not only for whole house renovation but portion by portion (plaster ceiling, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, wiring......) oso can. If I'm not mistaken they r having promotion package for AH now.

Most probably I will let them to do my whole house renovation since my wife like their design n offer so much. But my budget is a bit tight, so mayb I'll provice them some materials to reduce the cost to the max.

Last, better for me to explain clearly here. I jus share the info I found but I din get any commision from them at all. So feel free to get a quotation from them ya. Mayb u can mention introduce by me (TENG) c can get more discount or not. Do let me know how powerful of my name ya! Ha...... lol!

Iiko Home Furnishing
20-1, Jalan Equine 9B,
Taman Equine,
Bandar Putra Permai,
43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor.

Jean Tey 012-681 6916
Ion Chong 012-321 9950

Do they do grills and some fixing on paints , and wall holes ?

Or anyone who can recommend me some contractor that can install grills , fix some defect along with some small renovation ? Thanks .

TheGunners

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by James_ on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 am

TheGunners wrote:
Do they do grills and some fixing on paints , and wall holes ?

Or anyone who can recommend me some contractor that can install grills , fix some defect along with some small renovation ? Thanks .

You can try check with my house contractor. You can find them at B-14-6. Price reasonable and they fix all the small defects for me and chase the Developer for big defect. Bottom line, let this contractor settle everything for me. So far so good Very Happy

James_

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Renovation contractors

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum