AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestion

+8
yap_ben
T
JiNG
Jes
kpl_smile
thedude
jh
kelvin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

suggestion Empty suggestion

Post by kelvin Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm

can I suggest that this forum is stricly for purchaser or some approve visitor like cathy to join by setting up a manual approve registration method instead of auto approve registration method now? I start to see many funny and shadow id inside this forum where never share any opinion and like "spy".

Moderator pls help to filter all the unactive id and those id that do not register themself in AHI or AHII buyer list.
Pls set a manual approval method for the registration and only approve after they had register themself in the buyer list afro
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

suggestion Empty Re: suggestion

Post by jh Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:45 am

but how do we recognise them? the registration is simple thou..

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:09 am

there is different access lvl for different title. Most forum have a "awaiting approval" title after you first register urself, and you only can be a member after manually approve by administrator. this awaiting approval lvl have only same access as visitor. aministrator can open up the buyer list access for them to put in their name and where they from and from there, aministrator will consider which to approve and which is not.
aministrator have also right to kick out all unactive or suspicios id even they already register here. Razz together we can keep our forum clean and healty.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Not that it can't be done. But is it really necessary ar? We have nothing to hide. If majority agree then we can proceed to filter. So what say the majority?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:33 am

those who had join and through the previous property forum will understand why I suggest this, now might still ok cause the mojor issue is only "CF" when thing start to heated up, ppl might use shadow ID to start attack each other. well, we can hope it will not happen or we can do something to prevent it.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kpl_smile Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:50 am

kelvin wrote:those who had join and through the previous property forum will understand why I suggest this, now might still ok cause the mojor issue is only "CF" when thing start to heated up, ppl might use shadow ID to start attack each other. well, we can hope it will not happen or we can do something to prevent it.

yes, i agree with Kelvin.

May b we dont have anything to hide but may b we can avoid 'awaiting approve' ppl to post their comment/topic??

kpl_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jes Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:36 am

kpl_smile wrote:
kelvin wrote:those who had join and through the previous property forum will understand why I suggest this, now might still ok cause the mojor issue is only "CF" when thing start to heated up, ppl might use shadow ID to start attack each other. well, we can hope it will not happen or we can do something to prevent it.

yes, i agree with Kelvin.

May b we dont have anything to hide but may b we can avoid 'awaiting approve' ppl to post their comment/topic??

Yes, I agree too

Jes

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 am

im ah2 but i agree...
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jh Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 pm

ya,i also don't wanna meet another twin brother of (KS) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

jh

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 am

i agree we must keep this forum clean, healthy and peaceful but 'awaiting approval' is not appropriate IMHO.. what can the moderator base on to justify and approve the new registration if the new user never get a chance to speak?

not sure if this can be done but i would suggest we group the users eg. AH1/2/3 resident, New AH1/2/3 resident, Trusted Service Provider, Management or something like that.. all new joiner does not belongs to any group and have permission to 'speak' on limited topic. once they register themselves on AH1/2/(3) owner list then the moderator can group them accordingly to New AH1/2/3 resident and have access to more topics.. later when they gained more reputation via regular discussion or meeting up and deemed genuine, then they will be (Verified) AH1/2/3 resident and have access to even more (sensitive? P&C??) topics..

my 2 cents What a Face

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 pm

well, glad alot of ppl agree with me :p

T, it is not a moderator to justify who is good guy or "bad" guy. As you say, it is difficult and very subjective. My idea is just "awaiting approval" untill it register him/herself into buyer list. because it is the forum for buyer of AH :p
for those who is not the buyer, eg. developer representative, bueno to promote their item, they just need to identify themself to get approval. So there is no issue of justify who is bad guy but just to let ppl know who are you. as long as you identify urself, then it should get approve by moderator.
for those awaiting approval ppl, they still able to access for some topic, like what is practice currently, eg, comments, buyer registration list, etc. after geting approval, then they are able to access in general discussion topic. Of course if you want to set some topic to a senior member, it can be done in the future eg. special discussion topic for JMB commitee to discuss some serious issue within commitee ppl. It can be done if neccessary in the future.

of course, for those against the forum rule later on, it is different story where moderator reserve the right to delete or ban the id with proper reason.

just my 2 cents Razz
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:01 pm

by the way, I am glad to help to sort all this out, but our aministrator do not give access to me and no answer at all, so no choice tongue
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 am

Sorry Kelvin, I've checked through but I couldn't find the function to promote anyone.

yapben, your help is needed here !!!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:33 pm

oh, no need to sry bro. by the way, only administrator id got all access. the awaiting approval also only can approve by "administrator".
not sure how different this one compare to discuz.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Approval I think still can be done by Global Mod. But if we were to proceed with that, I'll have change everyone's status back to square one and approve them one by one. Maybe like Malaysia Today website where u have to write an e-mail to the admin / mod to get approved. Not sure if everyone would be comfortable with that. That's my only concern.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 pm

no need that difficult, just grant the aceess to "awaiting approval" for A "buyer register" topic and aministrator can grand approval by checking on that topic for thos id that put down their "finger print" there :p
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Sorry for the late reply,

Just my 2cents of view, having the approval thingy will stop others viewers to the forums. Why not we start from cleaning up the Users database first? anyone is not listed in the buyers' list we will delete their IDs.

It seems just a handful of owners is active in the forum and the others is just MIA. Razz
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:36 am

Yes, I agree we should start with cleaning up the users database.

btw, I do not agree that having approval thigy will stop others to view this forum. It is because we are not the "entertaiment" type of forum like "cari".
this forum is mainly for AH buyer and discussion, so I do not see it will stop those buyer that would like to know more bout their home. Futhermore, it is just an additional one step after you register urself, which is just put down ur name and info in the buyer list to grant full acess later. For those visitor or "awaiting approval" ppl, they are able to enter this forum as well without registration by viewing some general info of AH, general introduction and so on. The reason I suggest this is because we should not involve ourself into AH buiness and there is alot of intense discussion going on sometimes within buyers and some brain storming. some buyer personal feeling during discussion might cause some potential buyers to have dout or confusion. So it is good to reserve only some topic for those AH buyers, senior active member, or future commitee. I feel that this is some issue we need to look into if this forum want to be the offical AH forum for all buyer in the future :p

just by 2cents Smile
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 am

My name is there.. dont delete me Smile
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by T Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 pm

do we want to make this for AH owner only or we welcome also potential buyer or anyone interested with some topics such as those under The Marketplace who got something to offer but not necessarily AH owner?

If those user not 'registered' under buyer list will be deleted, does this implies only AH owner are allowed to participate in this forum? what about those potential buyer? or they can still update their info in buyer list but state themselves as potential buyer? or we don't even care about non AH owner?

when approval is required, those awaiting approval are allowed to post only in buyer list? or would allow them to post also in some selected topic?

what kind of topic will there be? those that can be participated by everyone and those that can be participated by approved user only? or there will be topic that can be participated only by selected group of users say senior member or committee?

well.. just to raise a few points to brainstorm, if they matter Idea

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:52 pm

Basically the idea is to have some sort of "identification". Hopefully this will prevent the "poison pen" attack, or sneak attack or hit and run as what some of u had experience in the other site. Hopefully this will promote some sort of civility in the forum. Non-buyer can also participate but before they do, we would like to know who they are hence the approval. Potential buyer who refuse to register can still browse but not post. And yes, certain topics like Market Place will be left "open". Agree?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Yes, My idea is similar to issac, all visitor or potential buyer are wellcome to view this forum. It will be certain topic (eg. AH general overview, Q&A, bank loan issue information sharing.....etc) is open for all visitor or potential buyer without registration. (Can view but cannot post) for those that futher interest, can register and become "awaiting approval" and maybe granted access to post their enquiry eg. Q&A

Those that already buyer, after register become awaiting approval, can identify themself in buyer list to grant futher access in additional topic like our current topic for futher discussion mainly involve all buyer. some exception can be given case by case to granted access for those non-buyer, like AH representative.....etc.

In the future, if this forum really succesful, It can have another security topic only JMB commitee and senior active user are granted access to discuss more sensitive issue. (well, this will depends on the future whether is neccesary)

all above arrangment is not mean to increase our moderator headach but just to prevent future confusion and misunderstanding and most importantly avoid ppl to use small id sarbotage our forum.

just my2cents :p
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Just checked out the list. I updated my wife details also. Hehe.. just now bising why she left out then I tell her she seldom post but only read. Hehe Very Happy

Agree to Issac and Kelvin what they plan to do. You guys seems very pro in forum moderating. cheers Is really glad to have all admin and moderators help out.
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 pm

wow, 2.31am, another night wolf :p haha

btw thanks for your compliment, I am glad I can help.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:54 pm

i believe the fundamental objective is of course to provide certain extent of identification and to avoid rubbish posting from anonymous which could potentially raise unwanted conflict or worry, so we would appreciate users to identify themselves hence we at least know how 'sincere' they are in joining our discussion.

i agree with both Issac and Kelvin, the thing now is, can the forum handle all these 'conditions'? i think this forum is running on phpBB2, not sure if it provides the flexibility to handle our criteria?

and something technically i'm not sure is, how is this going to be accomplished? is there a function in the control panel to enable the 'approval required' kind of option? when it's enabled, all new user will have to be approved manually by admin/moderator? those yet to be approved (awaiting approval) can post only in selected topic? in order for them to get approved and gain access to more topics, they'll have to 'register' themselves in certain topic by identifying themserlves? admin/moderator will monitor those topics to 'screen' the new 'registration' and approve them once deemed fitted the requirement?

in this case, we'll have only 2 groups of users: approved and non approved. what about higher level access for committee or senior member? how's that going to be granted?

i'm not against the approval, but i think it's easier to manage by grouping the users. like i mentioned earlier, we can have different usergroups, we can specifically define which topic are open for which usergroup(s). we can recommend new joiner to 'register' themselves in the owner list and group them accordingly so they can participate in topics which are open for the group.. but then again, it's up to the forum's flexibility in handling this..

2 more cents from me Smile

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum