AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plaster celing quote

+20
tch
chumi4
madoct10
GW
cm
raymondt
DinKnight
tionwooi
LUCAS
yap_ben
mickkycfy
kpl_smile
hans
T
JiNG
Dobot
jh
thedude
johnvk
kelvin
24 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Plaster celing quote - Page 6 Empty Re: Plaster celing quote

Post by johnvk Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 pm

sorry if i replied too late.. i prefer pm so that i can reply via blackbery..else im too busy to be foruming.. hahaha..

i have pm'ed chumi i guess..

GW :my reply as per below

i dont mind at all, u can call danial at this number : 016-3313407
he is also into renovation as well , plaster ceiling is his main business.. coz he is supplying it..

if you need contact for kitchen cabinets n wardrobe u can call this guy eddie : 019-6143003

just mention to him kumar a1-3 aman heights recomended.. he will know.. call him to give u quote..

they did my condo.. price n workmanship is good.. as well as for a22-3 issac , a5-3 kelvin condo as well... Smile

johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chumi4 Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 pm

johnvk wrote:sorry if i replied too late.. i prefer pm so that i can reply via blackbery..else im too busy to be foruming.. hahaha..

he is also into renovation as well , plaster ceiling is his main business.. coz he is supplying it..

if you need contact for kitchen cabinets n wardrobe u can call this guy eddie : 019-6143003

just mention to him kumar a1-3 aman heights recomended.. he will know.. call him to give u quote..

they did my condo.. price n workmanship is good.. as well as for a22-3 issac , a5-3 kelvin condo as well... Smile

Yes VK...you have replied...Thanks yea!

chumi4

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:26 pm

hi all, anyone got idea roughly how much is the damage to cover up plaster ceiling for living + dining room only?

initially didn't plan to do due to budget constraint, but after took keys and looking at those disappointing workmanship i think better use plaster ceiling to cover up, losing faith that defect rectification can fix all....
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:05 pm

tch wrote:hi all, anyone got idea roughly how much is the damage to cover up plaster ceiling for living + dining room only?

initially didn't plan to do due to budget constraint, but after took keys and looking at those disappointing workmanship i think better use plaster ceiling to cover up, losing faith that defect rectification can fix all....

Haha...i felt the same way too at that time.... had never even budgetted for the plaster ceiling until I find out about the stupid aircond piping design.
There're many style for plaster ceiling... for poor chap like me zen style best suits my budget...below 2k
For Vampire's 6-start hotel decor it's a totally different story.... kekeke...I used to sell tickets to visit his show house...RM20 per entry..want ar? kekeke....
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Issac can share your design?
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 am

Thanks Kumar! Will call him to gather quotation!

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by madoct10 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 am

chumi4 wrote:
johnvk wrote:sorry if i replied too late.. i prefer pm so that i can reply via blackbery..else im too busy to be foruming.. hahaha..

Yes VK...you have replied...Thanks yea!

Thanks...I will definitely get quotation from eddie too..
Thanks for sharing
madoct10
madoct10

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm

thedude wrote:
tch wrote:hi all, anyone got idea roughly how much is the damage to cover up plaster ceiling for living + dining room only?

Haha...i felt the same way too at that time.... had never even budgetted for the plaster ceiling until I find out about the stupid aircond piping design.
There're many style for plaster ceiling... for poor chap like me zen style best suits my budget...below 2k
For Vampire's 6-start hotel decor it's a totally different story.... kekeke...I used to sell tickets to visit his show house...RM20 per entry..want ar? kekeke....

got any example how's zen and hotel deco looks like?:p need to fork budget to get married soon, so can't spend too much on house, else i'm living alone already lol!

the lousy wall lines already made me decided to get plaster ceiling, plus you mention aircon piping reminds me another good point, that means i need to do plaster on master bedroom also, omg... affraid
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I only put up some skirtings...
For master bedroom and all the way to the toilet just normal plaster ceiling sufficient to cover up the piping....
Not necessary to cover up the piping actually... you can choose a rugged theme and expose all your pipings and wiring... lol!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm

dude, PC workmanship already show a good demonstration of rugged them in all AH2 houses:p
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by feihonglee Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:49 am

johnvk wrote:ok..im in for saturday also..jom survey for grill ..

so far we manage to confirm the contractor for
1) plaster ceiling & wiring
2) window panel for yard rm500
3) mirrors for bath and decorative (same like show house)
4) painting whole unit include door
5) aircond fixing for master n living is rm1.1k(rm550 each include thick
insulfex,good cooper piping not china,also hack n hide the pipings)
6) cabinets n wardrobe
7) grills ** to be confirmed this saturday.

so basicly ..GIMME the CF..hehehehe

Bro,
Need the contractors contact for the above.
Would you mind if we pay a visit to your unit this weekend?
Need some idea for the reno thingy.
Cheers

feihonglee

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 pm

i got a quote for plaster ceiling for living+dining and master, price i think reasonable but the lighting part quite expensive:(

anyone coming by this sat, maybe someone can shed some lite with me whether this is true or they want to chop me? Embarassed
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen0830 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi, tch.
Do you mind to share your quote?
i also plan to install L-Box at living
stephen0830
stephen0830

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:58 am

Hi guys, initially i din want to put plaster ceiling at bedroom 2 & 3, but after consideration, i will do. Because if u want to install fan, they will need to hack wall and also ceiling to change light point to fan point and add another ceiling light. Unless u plan to put wall light.

Just some info sharing..

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

GW,
I do agree with you that is why last week I've make up my mind to have the whole house plaster ceiling except for balcony, yard and store room
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 am

Ben, i not doing for the "entrance area", kitchen, yard, store room and balcony. Cos i plan to put hanging light at "entrance area" light point Smile

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

stephen0830 wrote:Hi, tch.
Do you mind to share your quote?
i also plan to install L-Box at living

stephen, i just quote for living+dining room L box, bill came up ard 3k, but i think can reduce alot, if this weekend got drop by AH gathering we can share:)

GW wrote:Ben, i not doing for the "entrance area", kitchen, yard, store room and balcony. Cos i plan to put hanging light at "entrance area" light point Smile

had same idea like you on foyer, think i'm going for living+dining+bedroom area+master room only:)

Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:46 am

Tch i not doing L-box just flat ceiling and box up. Budget takda. Smile
And I dont want make my ceiling too low. If not mistaken do L-box need to lower more, and more expensive. Razz

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:50 am

GW wrote:Tch i not doing L-box just flat ceiling and box up. Budget takda. Smile
And I dont want make my ceiling too low. If not mistaken do L-box need to lower more, and more expensive. Razz

Not really, GW. If u jus do L-Box but leave the center as origin ceiling it will b cheaper compare to plain ceiling.
Of course it is expensive n ceiling height will b very low if v do both plaster ceiling n L-Box at the same time.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:03 am

That's rite what tionwooi say. I'm doing the Lbox at my living and relocating my fan point and due to that I need the plaster ceiling. Then the other area will be flat surface.

Want to get a quote for the entrance for Ubox
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:33 am

hmmm i know. But u know our ceiling is not exactly "nice" right.. and i worry that the colour between plaster ceiling and original ceiling will not match when turn on lights, with the reflections and so on.
L-box also need to do cleaning and honestly, I am lazy guy when comes to housework Razz

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:58 am

Bro,
Yup the ceiling is not nice due to the poor workmanship from PC. I think we need a plaster ceiling to cover the ceiling even though with LBox. I'm lazy as well but what to do..maybe a couple of months once..hahaha lol!
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 am

GW wrote:Tch i not doing L-box just flat ceiling and box up. Budget takda. Smile

GW, i got quote where L box and plain ceiling ard same price (which leave me in cross road now😢 ).

If do L box while maintain centre as origin cement ceiling to avoid ceiling too low (might end up like just putting cornice ard edges, good for hiding PC poor workmanship at lowest cost:p), that means we can't place any down light inside the L box (vertical down light at least need 6-7 inch deep).

Comparing CFL down light (15w) with T5/T8, seems latter provide much more even light source at lower TCO, coz if whole living room plain plaster, means almost every 6 feet distance need 1 unit of down light, labor and lighting parts not expensive, but lighting points ain't cheap:(

yap_ben wrote:That's rite what tionwooi say. I'm doing the Lbox at my living and relocating my fan point and due to that I need the plaster ceiling. Then the other area will be flat surface.

Want to get a quote for the entrance for Ubox

Safe or not relocating fan point? The original fan hook was embedded inside ceiling cement, as far i seen most renovators just use a "+" or "-" shape fan hook with wall nuts on both edges when relocating, i'm a bit concern over stability and durability of these hooks.

Now still thinking of alternative design which i don't need to relocate fan hook, any ideas? Smile

GW wrote:hmmm i know. But u know our ceiling is not exactly "nice" right.. and i worry that the colour between plaster ceiling and original ceiling will not match when turn on lights, with the reflections and so on.
L-box also need to do cleaning and honestly, I am lazy guy when comes to housework Razz

repaint ceiling will solve that problem, PC original "mixed" "genuine" Jotun paint will peel off or become yellowish over a year time judging from the current finish "quality":p

Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 pm

tch wrote:
GW wrote:hmmm i know. But u know our ceiling is not exactly "nice" right.. and i worry that the colour between plaster ceiling and original ceiling will not match when turn on lights, with the reflections and so on.

repaint ceiling will solve that problem, PC original "mixed" "genuine" Jotun paint will peel off or become yellowish over a year time judging from the current finish "quality":p

hmm, repaint ceiling maybe can cover the colour part, but i worry is maybe surface not even? Anyhow i still have some reservation about doing L-box but leave the original ceiling.. Dunno why. Maybe those photos in ID magazines the ceiling too nice haha..
Also if want add fan or light point, they need to hack the ceiling as there is no concealing.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Just did a quotation on L box (light thru box?) on living room, relocate fan hook towards balcony side a bit, leaves ard 8 feet width for dining room, so the box size ard 8 feet x 12 feet with 1 feet on each side edge, need 10 units of 4 feet (47 inch) T8 lighting, so i think no need to hack cement ceiling to conceal down light, coz if all T8 on the illumination might be more than enough though it's just bouncing lights from L box:) anyone need to do L box can consider this design, i think it's cheapest way after pure plain plaster alone:)
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum