AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

+8
LUCAS
DinKnight
kelvin
JiNG
johnvk
tionwooi
thedude
pneuma
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute] - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

Post by yap_ben Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 pm

dude..
haha..even AH2 is not up and ready.. I cant see the road anymore.. it seems I fall into a rabbit hole
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute] - Page 2 Empty Re: Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

Post by ddie Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I visited the Home & Living Fair in Mid Valley last saturday and I met this guy named CK CHU from the company Swee Tat. (website = www.sweetat.com)

The company does ID & furniture. They have their own factory and all their materials come from there.

He quoted me RM6700 for an L-shape kitchen cabinet. (top & bottom) He estimated the length at 16.5ft for bottom. Add RM900 for a 5-tier ladder pull-out drawer.

labor charge for painting = RM1500.

As for "walk-in" wardrobe (that lil area outside the master-bedroom bathroom) L-shape as well, at RM2900. He also quoted RM1900 for a sliding door to close up that area.

box-up ceiling at RM400-500 (hopefully he & I were thinking bout the same thing)

As for book shelf, he estimated it to be at RM300 per ft run.

I'm not sure how cheap or ex this is... so any feedback is much welcomed...

I will also get in contact with another contractor whom I heard is more affordable than the CK Chu mentioned above. Hope this will prove genuine though... keep y'all posted...

ddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:53 am

I guess you better go and see their show unit first? to check the material used and also the finishing..
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Spec...spec...spec.... it's all about what they offer you....
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by cm Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi, since you guys have renovation in progress, wanna catch up with you how much 40K can really do? I have gotten some quotes, from what I see 40K basically can only renovate the whole unit but not inclusive of electrical appliances like air conditioner, fans, fridge, hood, hob, etc.

Are you experience the same thing?

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

if you plan to do custom made for whole house furniture, then I would say it is not enough.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by cm Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Ya, you are right. Actually this 40k doesn't include furniture.

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am

oh, then 40k should be enough to include the basic electrical appliance like fans, aircond, refrigirator, owen, hob and hoob, owen...etg. those item are relatively cheap compare to the custom made design furniture, which will easlily cost u 20k.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by cm Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 pm

For custom made design furniture, do you mean TV cabinet, wardrobe, bedframe, side table all these as well?

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Hahaha...cm you ask the right person.. soon kelvin will be our renovation adviser
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 am

yeah.. hehehe u guys can come n see how the contractor work.. n quality from mine ,kelvin n issac place..then decide.. we can give the contact as well... no harm done..
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Advise : Dun use Isaac's painter. You've been warned ....
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 am

yes.. no pro painter for now..

but others ok i guess
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by ddie Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Heya,

Those already renovate, can we be nosy and have a look?

Cheers,
The gf.. Razz

ddie

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Price for viewing AH showhouse at level 1 and 5 as follows:

Entrance fee : RM5 per head per entry per unit
Camera : RM20 per camera / phone
Carlsberg / Tiger : RM10
Heineken / Tuborg / Kampai : RM15
Coke / Pepsi : RM5
Air paip (from water fountain) : FOC
Air paip (from designer glass sink) : RM2 per glass
Photo with vampire : RM2 per snap

All receipts towards the FBTUTBPTWHPMFF (Fifty Bucks To Use The BBQ Pit That We have Paid Maintenance Fee For) Fund.

From the Self Elected K2 (Kumar & Kelvin) Show House Agent

Muahahahaaa....

cheers lol!
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 am

hheeh.. nice nice.. ...hey my house not show house laa dei.. haha
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:36 am

well,the beers are cheaper than disco/pub and photo shot with vampire during daytime is priceless...any transportation provided? santa
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Of course transportation is provided... provided u r below 60kg..coz that's what the hardware shop guy told me when he sold me the trolley.. muahahahaa... lol!
Hey Vampire,,,how well stock is your fridge already... dun let all the big space go to waste ok... cheers
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by ddie Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:11 pm

We just signed the S&P this afternoon, so ya... we're looking for ideas and suitable contractors to do up our place. (once it's completed... umm... I'm prepared to wait til Aug)

so are those rates for real? how many houses can we visit??? Gotta prepare the money ya... Wink

ddie

Back to top Go down

Post by ddie Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:23 pm

going back renovation, if there's anyone who's interested in eco-friendly renovation... check out mmn design. (just google Masyerin)

we read bout him in the Sunday Star bout 2 or 3 weeks back. He's name is Masyerin and the company was the one that designed and did up the "Back Home" backpackers' hostel down town.

we've made contact with him and he has asked us to provide him with the details... but we have not talked numbers yet... (our budget is small...) hopefully he can do something for us...

ddie

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 pm

thedude wrote:Price for viewing AH showhouse at level 1 and 5 as follows:

Entrance fee : RM5 per head per entry per unit
Camera : RM20 per camera / phone
Carlsberg / Tiger : RM10
Heineken / Tuborg / Kampai : RM15
Coke / Pepsi : RM5
Air paip (from water fountain) : FOC
Air paip (from designer glass sink) : RM2 per glass
Photo with vampire : RM2 per snap

All receipts towards the FBTUTBPTWHPMFF (Fifty Bucks To Use The BBQ Pit That We have Paid Maintenance Fee For) Fund.

From the Self Elected K2 (Kumar & Kelvin) Show House Agent

Muahahahaaa....

cheers lol!

Wahlau weh!!! Beh tahan ah.. ROFL!!! lol!
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2