AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

+8
LUCAS
DinKnight
kelvin
JiNG
johnvk
tionwooi
thedude
pneuma
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute] Empty Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

Post by pneuma Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Since we have a new section specializing on interior renovation (moving away from the general talks). Let's start a thread to gather a knowledge base on renovation companies, contractors, package deals and things alike. I believe some of us have been doing some research and shopping for the right people to do the renovations. So, sharing our experiences and knowledge here will help one another to make the right decisions.

To stop the topic from getting too broad, lets not talk about how we want to do our kitchen, balcony and those stuff. Lets just gather our findings so we can compare and get the best quality with the best value.

Like someone who mentioned earlier, if we do find the right people, we probably can negotiate to do a "bulk" deal. If they get a lot of business from AH, I believe they will be willing to give discounts - something like 10% off for all AH owners. Very Happy

pneuma

Back to top Go down

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute] Empty Re: Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

Post by pneuma Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am

Yesterday, I went to AH to pick up some documents. On the way out, I got approached by some aggressive sellers of renovations waiting at the roadside. Heard they will be doing up some of the units in block A as show units. Anyone here offered their units to be show units? If I'm not wrong, those who offer their units get to keep it a cheaper price but can't move in early though.

pneuma

Back to top Go down

Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute] Empty Re: Shopping for Renovations [Please contribute]

Post by thedude Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am

Got the name cards but have not called them.
Agressive? Maybe lah... coz they sure have that ahlong look....kekeke Laughing
Many will said cheaper, but the question is how cheap.
Was thinking on getting them to quote for painting only...
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:15 am

Hi Neighbours,

I'm one of the purchaser of this residential area & i've read Jes comment of the contractors. Thinking of sharing this info with you guys....

I've personally met & spoke to this Golden contractor at my fren's condo Dynasty Garden (Old Klang Road) before. They had 2 show units at Dynasty Garden which i previewed before. Their designs were real cool. My fren actually engaged them to do the reno for their unit and i witnessed that their workmanship were really tedious & fine...my fren were so satisfied with the service till they engage Golden further to reno their parents old house & recommended them to other frens. at least i know i could save the trouble calling renovator to do repairs after i moved in later (in case anything goes wrong).

I also viewed their profile.....they provide whole range of products, services & projects references which they completed and to my understanding, most of their products are done in their own factory (ie: cabinets, furnitures, grill & etc...) I believe the delivery could be on time instead of most renovators using 3rd party services that the delivery might beyond control.

They also gave me good advise as to space usage, practicality of design & material choice, functionality and other useful guide to client. Please bear in mind that i have yet to confirm anything with them and they are so kind & willingly to share so much info with me.

I've briefly spoke to them of my ideas of renovating my unit & the price they offer was great. To my greatest surprise, they also offer installment plan...According to my fren, they're quite reputable & had at least 15 years in this industry. Of course i did compare Golden with other contractors too, and I can't find a reason not engaging them to reno my unit.

I think we could get real good deal if most of us engage them. With the extra savings, we could get better furnitures & more gadgets for our new home. Unless you are not a budget concerned owner like me. If any of you would like contact the salesmen, you guys could contact 012-2083877 / 012-6269606 / 010-3021848. No harm asking & comparing... Cheers neighbours.....

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 am

Hi freedom,
Welcome and please do register yourself in our buyer list.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:50 am

How do i register? Pls advise

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 am

I hv asked an ID company in Perfect Livin '09 Home n Lifestyle Exhibition last week to quote me for renovation of whole house. They quoted me below 48k included plaster ceiling, wiring & lighting, painting, wallpaper, TV cabinet, kitchen cabinet c/w solid surface n 3D glasses, 3 rooms wardrobes c/w frosted glass, 1 dressing table (melamine).

Do u guys think tat the price is reasonable? So far tat is the cheapest ID company I found n the most important is all the items used good materials but not cheap board. Other few ID companies quoted me not less than 50k but c/w less items or 60k++.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm

wow..50k...
mine just half of it..hehehe anyway we see how it goes...
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:50 am

Freedom,

go to the main page, you will see a thread called AH Forum Members, then go into the thread. Then put in your name accordingly whether you are AH1 or AH2 buyer.. Smile Specify your unit ya if you dont mind.. haha.. We adopting transparency concept here.. KEKE... WELCOME IN~!! Very Happy.. Reason? To avoid any Vendor to come in here and bluff about their workmanship.. Just a precaution to all the buyers here.. No hard feeling ya.. Smile
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

tionwooi wrote:I hv asked an ID company in Perfect Livin '09 Home n Lifestyle Exhibition last week to quote me for renovation of whole house. They quoted me below 48k included plaster ceiling, wiring & lighting, painting, wallpaper, TV cabinet, kitchen cabinet c/w solid surface n 3D glasses, 3 rooms wardrobes c/w frosted glass, 1 dressing table (melamine).

Do u guys think tat the price is reasonable? So far tat is the cheapest ID company I found n the most important is all the items used good materials but not cheap board. Other few ID companies quoted me not less than 50k but c/w less items or 60k++.

Do you mean chip board or cheap board?
As far as I know, for the cabinet there's solid wood, ply wood, MDF, chip board....
Stainless steel, acrylic, etc also have but all inside also MDF / chipboard.
It's good to get one contractor to do everything. Less headache. But make sure it's a good one lah (I've bad experience with contractors...)
Another thing is, are you happy with everything they offer?
For example...do you like the cabinets but hate the wallpaper or something like that?
And from experience, the contractor also uses subcontractor. And when they become middle men, expect at least another 10-15% higher.
Do be SPECIFIC with your specs and make everything black and white.
Good luck.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Thank thedude for ur advice! Is good for me to hear n learn from other members here.

Ya, u r rite. Wat I mean is chip board. So far the designer told me they r one stop solution n all the furnitures are make in their own factory. I hv paid a deposit to them to block the price but anytime can cancel n use the deposit to exchange other things.

Anyway still got time for me to think about it since still hv a long journey to go for Aman II. Crying or Very sad
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 pm

You bought AH2 and you've already paid a deposit? affraid
Wah lau.... I key also get already but have not even decided on who to give the job to leh.... I salute u lah..... What a Face
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:59 pm

ya, tionwooi. dun get excite too fast, otherwise when thing get stuck will just get you mad. the offer might change also when ur unit is ready. be patient ^^
but u are not the one acting like that, my sales agent for my kitchen cabinet told me, in his hand he also got a client had pay deposit 2 years before and still not call for install till today. Very Happy
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:15 am

Thank for thedude n kelvin advices! I'm really appreciated wif it! If nothing goin wrong, Aman II should b handover by March or May 2010 (Tis is wat the developer promised but I dun hv 100% confident on them nowaday! Somemore Aman II now still stop at 26 floors!)

Actually I'm not too excited, jus I knew start from end of tis year til next year, I'll b very bc due to my weeding n oso business stuffs! So I try to prepare early so tat it wont make me "pening" when all stuff come to me at the same time! Ha...... Razz
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 am

tionwooi, you really are Super Saiyan lah. Better make sure the fella dun close shop before you install your cabinet hor... muahahahaa.... lol!
Dun worry about they stopping at 26 th floor, last time AH1 also like that. The moment they hit the top, everything go sooooooooo..... slooooowwww... but dun put your hopes so high for the delivery date they promised. Mine already delayed since Jan 09. Sad Premier Consortium is not well known for their ability to keep their promises.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by DinKnight Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 pm

hi tionwooi, I like your style of locking in renovation costs well in advance. would give us peace of mind before handover of our units.

i would also start looking at renovation costs once I get my downpayment and home loan processing out of the way.
DinKnight
DinKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:55 am

Thank, DinKnight! If u need any advice to choose which company to do the reno for ur unit, I think v better ask from thedude, kelvin n johnvk. They really worked hard to get the best deal from those contractors.

After their unit reno done then v can go there hv a look ya! Make it as show room. Ha...... What a Face
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by DinKnight Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:53 am

yes i agree, I appreciate their tireless efforts to get the best deals for the community and would love to contribute my experiences as well when I shop for renovation next year....
DinKnight
DinKnight

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:45 am

SALUTE SALUTE SALUTE!!!
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Tionwooi,
I think next time both of us can go shopping around for renovation and furnitures. Haha.. becos we just one level below.. Very Happy
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:00 pm

yap_ben wrote:Tionwooi,
I think next time both of us can go shopping around for renovation and furnitures. Haha.. becos we just one level below.. Very Happy

Sure no problem! I think v will hv the same taste since v choose the same date for our ROM, same day for movie n oso level oso almost the same. Ha...... tongue
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:32 pm

Hahaha!!! ya ya ya.. saw your photos at FB. I think I saw you once at AH office with your wife.
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:40 am

yap_ben wrote:Hahaha!!! ya ya ya.. saw your photos at FB. I think I saw you once at AH office with your wife.

I think so. Coz I oso feel tat u look so familiar to us! lol!
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Jes Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 am

How much u guys for Aman I spend for renovation, buying furniture, wardrobe, etc?

Jes

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm

I dunno about the other guys but it cost me an arm and a leg. Muahahhaa.... lol! Bleeding everytime go to make confirmation with the contractors. The Ah Long name card in the letter box is starting to look really interesting... hahahaa...
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next