AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government rebate for energy efficient applicances?

+3
tionwooi
LUCAS
tch
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Government rebate for energy efficient applicances? - Page 2 Empty Re: Government rebate for energy efficient applicances?

Post by tionwooi Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 pm

No need further compare, I hv pengsan after read all ur posts! Ha..... help
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Government rebate for energy efficient applicances? - Page 2 Empty Re: Government rebate for energy efficient applicances?

Post by tch Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 pm

yeepie wrote:tch,
yes is the refresh rate of the screen a.k.a. TV panel.
Hz is one of the key factor why some brand look blur while you watching action movie.
Higher the Hz the motion look smother, it also depend on their processor chip technology. I asked around from Harvey Norman, SengHeng, Onking, ESH and other small shop all mention Sony have good processor "chip" but Sony don't have their own panel.

Some brand TV panel is very soft like Sony, must carefully handler when cleaning the panel screen.
Some LED have temper glass (same as plasma TV) but will see the light shadow... (Sharp)

Plasma have a weakness "burn-mark" cause by long hours of static screen (logo or astro sign). However latest Plasma TV have reduced the burn-mark issue... (no further study on this :p )

Korean brand look nice and cheap but i no confident on it durability :p
Coz my 20" monitor have problem just after few month Mad

if really want to compare.... you will pengsan hahaha....
lol!

yeepie your are the man :great)

i didn't study much on tv technologies. so i just use bare eyes to compare similiar brands with different technologies. Plasma reminds me of CRT quality, initial LCD quality look quite 'grainy' to me, even some of those LED is sharp on focus area but blur out on background. wonder why technology advances so fast but some vendor still prefer plasma as the high end product, it should possess some characteristic that surpass LCD/LED (maybe cheaper cost?:p)

had bad experience on korean brand tv also on CRT days. Unless there are very large price advantage else i still prefer jp brand pig

think i'll go with either 42 or 50 inch depends on price drop this year end, gotta save some bullet for xbox or ps3 plus some entry level hifi, coz AH living hall is the best place i like, hehe:p
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 pm

tionwooi wrote:No need further compare, I hv pengsan after read all ur posts! Ha..... help

haha, tionwooi, we blow water only la:p
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:07 am

yeepie wrote:tch,
yes is the refresh rate of the screen a.k.a. TV panel.
Hz is one of the key factor why some brand look blur while you watching action movie.
Higher the Hz the motion look smother, it also depend on their processor chip technology. I asked around from Harvey Norman, SengHeng, Onking, ESH and other small shop all mention Sony have good processor "chip" but Sony don't have their own panel.

Some brand TV panel is very soft like Sony, must carefully handler when cleaning the panel screen.
Some LED have temper glass (same as plasma TV) but will see the light shadow... (Sharp)

Plasma have a weakness "burn-mark" cause by long hours of static screen (logo or astro sign). However latest Plasma TV have reduced the burn-mark issue... (no further study on this :p )

Korean brand look nice and cheap but i no confident on it durability :p
Coz my 20" monitor have problem just after few month Mad

if really want to compare.... you will pengsan hahaha....
lol!

yup, SONY have good processor "chip" name X-Reality. Don't worry, SONY TV panel is not soft as you think, it pass the drop test in laboratory and not cause any dangerous point to customer.
Actually reflashing rate is not so important. In front shop, they use special sciene provide by TV manufacturer to empassis the "clear" picture on difference refreshing rate. But if you watch with your normal movie, 60Hz, 120Hz, 240Hz is no difference (as my experience in working in TV manufacturing plant).

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 am

calvin,u from sony ar?
LUCAS
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:07 am

wow, seems we got insider for this:)

calvin, actually what is the most important factor when purchasing tv? i think a lot consumer like us been confuse by all those gimmicks and terms....
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum