AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Entertainment

+7
tionwooi
kelvin
thedude
johnvk
JiNG
lalalayChan
ting
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Home Entertainment Empty Home Entertainment

Post by ting Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 pm

T wrote:this is a split topic on LCD, Plasma, LED or probably any other audio visual stuff, i guess it's better to have a dedicated topic on this subject

lalalayChan wrote:...For LCD TVs, there is one shop in Seremban that is selling audio visual stuffs much more cheaper than other shops - all items come with manufacturer warranty. You get Toshiba/Panasonic 32 LCD TV for <RM1500 for example. Panasonic's 42" Plasma for RM29**.00...
chan...the shop at seremeban that u mentioned is whcih one?....

ting

Back to top Go down

Home Entertainment Empty Re: Home Entertainment

Post by lalalayChan Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:05 pm

ting wrote:chan...the shop at seremeban that u mentioned is whcih one?....
i forgot .. need to check my receipt lol .. will let you know .. this is an audio video home entertainment shop wor . I know got two branches at the same road. go to the older one - the original shop.

for example Panasonic 42" plasma : 1. TH-42X10K - RM2,900 Free HDMI cable and s-video cable (inclusive of delivery)

There are few others at the forum who is also selling TVs few free to browse around.

lalalayChan

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 am

wei wei wei.. LCD or Plasma?? Plasma 42" for only RM29++?? thats damn cheap wei....
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:58 am

ad also look out for model.. the 8H and 80H are old models... latest is X series... for panansonic..huhuu....
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://www.team-imperials.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:04 am

old or new, nipis or not.. thats not really a big deal man... if a full HD only cost RM2900.. wow.. thats a nice price.. but hows the refresh rate ar? haha.. i mean the mhz..

next year when AH2 is completed, i think lcd price will jatuh even more.. wuhahahha
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 am

Next year no more LCD liau lor. Even now Samsung already come out LED screen already. Sooooooooo.... nice. Sooooooo slim.. Looks so matching with your PS3 Slim.... Or your super slim Blueray player.....
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalayChan Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 am

JiNG wrote:wei wei wei.. LCD or Plasma?? Plasma 42" for only RM29++?? thats damn cheap wei....

Just double checked its chun chun RM2,900. its Plasma but not Full HD. Full HD 42" Panasonic plama is selling at <>RM3500. LG and Samsung equivalent models should be cheaper.

I think it has come to the point that for 42" Plasma is overtaking LCD in term of price-value. Take note that it also comes with a free Panasonic HDMI cable that you might need to pay another RM100 elsewhere.

All items are new with standard manufacturer warranty. I think the shop name is Tye Hin (in front of Lorenzo furniture) at the seremban main road. The sharp LCD that i bought 4months ago dropped <>RM200 in price lol lol albino albino

lalalayChan

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalayChan Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 am

johnvk wrote:ad also look out for model.. the 8H and 80H are old models... latest is X series... for panansonic..huhuu....
yupe X10 is the non FULL HD Plasma model. The FULL HD models is G or GS i forgot ..

lalalayChan

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalayChan Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:29 am

JiNG wrote:old or new, nipis or not.. thats not really a big deal man... if a full HD only cost RM2900.. wow.. thats a nice price.. but hows the refresh rate ar? haha.. i mean the mhz..

next year when AH2 is completed, i think lcd price will jatuh even more.. wuhahahha
no refresh rate. Refresh rate is only for LCD not Plasma.

Official spec and suggested retail prices from Panasonic

lalalayChan

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:43 pm

hehhe for tv..FULL HD go fo it if u are dvd freak..or beter still blueray..
if u just see astro ...FULL HD is a disaster... better take HD ready
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:11 pm

I looking for panosonic plasma 42" as well. I I looking for S series not the X series that u mention. S series is full HD. price is about 3500 like wat chan mention with HDMI cable of course.

I dun think HD and full HD is the factor for the blur vision in astro. It is LCD and Plasma make a different. This is also one of the reason I took plasma instead of LCD. If I want to enjoy nice blue ray, I will get a 32" LCD in my room. :p
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 pm

FULL HD also a factor bro kelvin..try go around and ask the sales guys..
i did full check up..hehe

maybe different people different ways..
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:39 pm

johnvk wrote:FULL HD also a factor bro kelvin..try go around and ask the sales guys..
i did full check up..hehe

maybe different people different ways..

johnvk is rite! i heard tis b4 from one of the sales guys too...... Shocked
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 am

yee, really mer? How come the sales guy din tell me de >.< can share what the teory behind? for what I know LCD and Plasma is, LCD using liquid screen and run digital logic, while astro is using analog logic so when it come to fast moment, liquid is not fast enough to capture the vision of analog compare to plasma so it will create a double vision (slow motion effect) on LCD. I read this on the book.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by JiNG Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

lalalayChan wrote:
JiNG wrote:wei wei wei.. LCD or Plasma?? Plasma 42" for only RM29++?? thats damn cheap wei....

Just double checked its chun chun RM2,900. its Plasma but not Full HD. Full HD 42" Panasonic plama is selling at <>RM3500. LG and Samsung equivalent models should be cheaper.

I think it has come to the point that for 42" Plasma is overtaking LCD in term of price-value. Take note that it also comes with a free Panasonic HDMI cable that you might need to pay another RM100 elsewhere.

All items are new with standard manufacturer warranty. I think the shop name is Tye Hin (in front of Lorenzo furniture) at the seremban main road. The sharp LCD that i bought 4months ago dropped <>RM200 in price lol lol albino albino

Better check properly whether or not its a test unit in factory, or display unit. LCD got life time one... can only displayed for dunno how many hours... so if display unit, normally its opened day and nite, better dont buy...
JiNG
JiNG

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:37 am

Did u mix up LCD with plasma? I thought plasma is the one with a life span.
Double vision / motion blur coz refresh rate too slow. All the low end models only 50Hz. Bigger size one & the high end ones can go up to 200Hz (like LG). But so bloody expensive.
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by pg Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Both LCD and Plasma got life span where Plasma life span is shorter than LCD. To check the life span, you will not be able to do that except you know the service manual of the LCD and Plasma where you can call the embedded function from the circuit board logic that track the usage. LCD and Plasma are different technology in nature. LCD works by blocking light whereas Plasma works by emitting light. Both got pros and cons. If you really want to compare to the highest end, at the moment, the most high end Plasma is still out perform the most high end LCD, especially in the color reproduction. Both technologies are catching up on their own weaknesses. In future which technology survives is much depend on the cost of production.

pg

Back to top Go down

Post by lalalayChan Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:48 pm

JiNG wrote: Better check properly whether or not its a test unit in factory, or display unit. LCD got life time one... can only displayed for dunno how many hours... so if display unit, normally its opened day and nite, better dont buy...

its new :p dun bother about the life span. Both LCD and Plasma can last until you feel the next tech goes mainstream. People dont spend that much time watching TV daily. Also, it does not mean that your TV will die after the stipulated life span.

Plasma = better color reproduction. Gray is gray. Black is Black. LCD = Gray is Grady. Black is "Gray" :p .. play the same movie same scene - set the Plasma to best show black and do the same for LCD and compare. See which one produces black better. Watch EPL or a sports DVD, see which one display fast moving action better. LCD, 100hz, 200hz, 400hz, 800hz???? - will never stop. Plasma - no such nonsense!

lalalayChan

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:03 am

SenQ got an offer for model LA40B530:
- 40" Full HD
- Resolution 1,920 x 1,080
- 3 x HDMI
- SRS Trusurround HD & Dolby Digital Plus
Price : RM2,899 (list price RM3,599 for member c/w HDMI DVD player & a digital camera. 2899 no "free" gifts)
It's a raya offer, so price only valid until 30th Sep 09 (2 days left).
Anyone have any experience with Samsung LCD?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:15 am

samsung is nice, if I plan to buy LCD I will go for samsung. But plasma will go for panasonic.
thedude, model u mention is older model for 5 series I guess, try check for model 550 instead of 530 and compare the different and see.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 am

U r right. 550 is newer with 4 x HDMI but 530 only got 3. I guess 3 is more than enough for me. Other than that, any other differences?

After reading reading... the plasma nowadays didn't seem so bad after all. Thinking maybe I should get plasma after all. Considering PANASONIC VIERA TH-P42S10K now. About the same price range as the LCD. The newer model is VIERA TH-P42G10K but price big difference. Anybody know why?

How about a survey here.... who's going for plasma and who's going for LCD?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:33 am

isac, haha, I am looking at the model exactly the same.
P42S10K, the cheapest I ask last time is about 3400.

P42x10k is cheaper i think about 2900 can get.

for the G model, the major defferent compare to S model is the so call NeoPDP technology for the plasma display, which is claim to have lower energy consumption and twice luminous effeciency compare to conventional plasma display, and also the narrow bezel design.

X model had discuss before, it is only HD ready. and both S and G model is FULL HD.

If I not mistaken, there is a panasonic exhibition at mid valley this coming weekend, anybody interested to go? Might get a good deal if you all plan to go for panasonic product.
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:55 am

Home Entertainment Panaso10

Did u mean this exhibition? I think I'll go after settle the grills and take a swim in the pool. cheers Maybe can buy the fans & survey the water heater as well. Any idea who's the exhibitor? SenQ? Harvey Norman? Best Denki? ??? confused
If I go for plasma I'll go with with the S model. G is just too far out of my budget especially now that I have to spend a bundle on the plaster ceiling. So we buy 2 units and ask for further discount lah. Laughing Laughing
Or 3 units? Kumar, u want ar?
thedude
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by johnvk Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 pm

i got my plasma d ler..

i maybe join the hunt for fans and heater..
johnvk
johnvk
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by kelvin Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:45 pm

swim in the pool? did you means AH pools? lol

anyway, i think is not the same since the venue is at the third floor not the ground floor as showing below. Wana go together on saturday, after settle the grill and aircond thingy?

Panasonic Power of Innovation Exhibition '09
From Friday, 2nd Oct 2009 - Sunday, 4th Oct 2009

Visit the Panasonic Power of Innovation Exhibition '09 at Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, 3rd Floor from 10.00am till 9.30pm.

Get a FREE Limited Edition Eco Bag and T-shirt when you participate in their activities (for the 1st 2,000 visitors daily).

Highlights:
- Mottainai World
- "eco ideas" Experience
- Home Appliances
- Audio Visual Products
- Digital Imaging Products
- Energy & Lighting Solutions
- Business System Solutions

Terms and conditions apply.

Call Panasonic Customer Care Centre at 03-5543 7600 for more details.

http://www.panasonic.com.my
kelvin
kelvin
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: