AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Conditioner & Fans

+25
Calvin
smunks
James_
-Seng-
James
feihonglee
tch
GW
chumi4
yeepie
yap_ben
LUCAS
hanyighost
jh
cm
hans
pg
wyndbreeze
tionwooi
kelvin
T
JiNG
shan
johnvk
thedude
29 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Air Conditioner & Fans - Page 10 Empty Re: Air Conditioner & Fans

Post by James Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm

tch, after you install the fans, make sure the blades are leveled by measuring the end of the blades to the ceiling. the fan will wobble if the blades are not leveled. you can either reposition the blades or try bending it a little (not sure if abs blades can be bend). if your fan comes with a balancing kit, you can use that as the last resort to fix the problem. both my fans have this shaky problem but managed to fix it this way.

James

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

tch
i still arranging the appointment to fix it.
if you DIY install it, if the fan is shaking you still can call the cust care line to assist. As long the fan still under warranty Smile
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:11 am

Can i check with anyone who installed aircon ar aircon ledge, is ur compressor unit bolted to the ledge? Or just resting on it?

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tch Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 am

james, i don't have tools to do leveling, plus abs blades i think can't bend, should take the metal fan, install 2 units before, so far no problem:)

yeepie, you know la, some cust care line need wait for ages like PC to come fix some minor issues, in some cases i rather DIY...Smile

GW, compressor is bolted on ledge or cement floor, ledge is just some L shape bracket metal, i don't think it's safe to let such heavy comprssor resting on it without any bolts...Smile
tch
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 am

KDK call back to me to collect further information of my problem before i have time to call them.

so far they have take initiative to assist me, great service Razz

yes it may take time for arranging for technician and blah blah blah... coz i dun have skills to DIY so i willing to wait for their services tongue
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:43 am

tch wrote:james, i don't have tools to do leveling, plus abs blades i think can't bend, should take the metal fan, install 2 units before, so far no problem:)

yeepie, you know la, some cust care line need wait for ages like PC to come fix some minor issues, in some cases i rather DIY...Smile

GW, compressor is bolted on ledge or cement floor, ledge is just some L shape bracket metal, i don't think it's safe to let such heavy comprssor resting on it without any bolts...Smile

i saw in LYN forum that some people say the copper wire is acting like a hold on the compressor unit. another thing i worry is, if i bolt it, will it make the aircon ledge weaker as i dunno wat PC use to make the ledge.
so majority people here bolt their compressor? i saw my neighbour 4 aircon all also not bolted.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:47 pm

KDK technician fixed my fan issue today, it cause by blade balancing issue.
Now the fan have working fine Razz
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by yui Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 am

Managed to get from HomeDec Part 2 - Panasonic shop (TBM) 4 normal panasonic air-cons at this price :

3 x 1hp = RM 770/unit
1 x 1.5hp = RM 1,080/unit

without installation ... now just need to find someone to install for me in AH... But because of having to put in yard, read that this will come up to more than RM 1k. In this case wouldn't it be cheaper to forfeit the RM 1k deposit?

yui

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:11 am

YUI, please dont ever, ever have that thinking...

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by James_ Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 am

yui wrote:Managed to get from HomeDec Part 2 - Panasonic shop (TBM) 4 normal panasonic air-cons at this price :

3 x 1hp = RM 770/unit
1 x 1.5hp = RM 1,080/unit

without installation ... now just need to find someone to install for me in AH... But because of having to put in yard, read that this will come up to more than RM 1k. In this case wouldn't it be cheaper to forfeit the RM 1k deposit?

Ha ha ha .. RM1K consider "cheap" one .. if you really want to do it correctly, might need > RM2K .. and might forfeit your deposit also .. coz you need to "hack" the room 2 and 3 wall to put on your aircorn .. Razz.. your choice .. ha ha ha

James_

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:12 am

wall between room 2 and 3 is not consider as shear wall, please refer to the floor plan provide by MO.
Discuss with MO, where to put the piping and how to lead all piping to yard.
there also have alternative way to install the compressor at balcony (with T&C) check with MO on the rules.
When I apply the reno one of the floor plan clearly mention the alternative place for the compressor.
Just bear in mind all aircond Gas piping is not allow to conceal in wall.

If you installing 4 airconds kindly check with MO first...

FOR EVERYONE INFORMATION

Understand your supply type

Single-phase vs. Three-phase Supply

A single-phase meter measures usage from a 230 volt supply through two (2) wires, and a 3-phase meter is supplied with 415 volts through four (4) wires.

You are advised to change from a single-phase supply to a 3-phase supply when your household electricity load
exceeds 10kW or 50A. Generally, you should change to a 3-phase supply when there are three (3) or more air-
conditioners in your home.

Upgrading to a 3-phase supply will increase stability and reliability of electricity supply to your premises.

How to Upgrade

You may submit your application to upgrade to 3-phase supply via a qualified electrical contractor registered with the Energy Commission.

Fees and Charges

Connection charges are based on your additional load. Please inquire at the nearest Pusat Khidmat Pelanggan for more information on the connection charges imposed.

SOURCE : Click ME
yeepie
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by yui Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:19 am

yes ... will definitely discuss with MO if they wanna let contractor earn >2k or MO earn 1k ...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

btw mine is corner unit. those who install 4 air-con approximately how much your contractor charge for your installation in 2nd and 3rd bedroom?

yui

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm

yui wrote:yes ... will definitely discuss with MO if they wanna let contractor earn >2k or MO earn 1k ...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

btw mine is corner unit. those who install 4 air-con approximately how much your contractor charge for your installation in 2nd and 3rd bedroom?

In my case (corner unit too), installation for master bedroom (45ft - RM745), living room (33ft -RM695) n 2nd & 3rd Rooms (30ft/24ft - RM517). Total RM1,957
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGunners Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:28 pm

BTW , since the hose is already on the wall for the living room , so the air con will be installed on that wall right . So did anyone arrange that the TV and stuff under the aircon , or opposite this particular wall .

TheGunners

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I think most of the ppl will put tv under the living room aircond coz the wiring r there.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGunners Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:55 am

Yeah , thats why . There is two power outlets there . No worries of water dripping from the air con ?

TheGunners

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:35 pm

So far I din facing tis problem. If tis problem happen tat must b improper installation of aircond.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Need some help here. Anyone using Panasonic fan fm14e8 the short one..when i switch too long at speed two it will have the Wong Wong sound. Mind anyone share or any technician to help to fix it
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 am

yap_ben wrote:Need some help here. Anyone using Panasonic fan fm14e8 the short one..when i switch too long at speed two it will have the Wong Wong sound. Mind anyone share or any technician to help to fix it

Bro, y not u call to Panasonic Service Center ask about tis? Ur fan suppose still under warranty if I'm not mistaken.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Not sure still under warranty or not. Tomorrow I will call them and see whether they can fix it or not
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 am

Bro I using 15 the long one.

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am

Just want to update you guys about my fans that giving problem. The technician came and check on my fan and they told me that the casing of the fan is not locked properly..DAMN CONTRACTOR! Evil or Very Mad

He helped to locked it properly and ask the technician to check on my dining area the fan as well..same case!!! grrrrr... Mad the technician also mention that I should have heard the same sound by now..and told him cos seldom use it.

then tested the speed for both living and dining and found out my living room fan seems slow while switch on full speed and helped me to change the electric board..

tionwooi,
I think you better check the fan as well..as you know...that feller do things...sigh..
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

yap_ben wrote:Just want to update you guys about my fans that giving problem. The technician came and check on my fan and they told me that the casing of the fan is not locked properly..DAMN CONTRACTOR! Evil or Very Mad

He helped to locked it properly and ask the technician to check on my dining area the fan as well..same case!!! grrrrr... Mad the technician also mention that I should have heard the same sound by now..and told him cos seldom use it.

then tested the speed for both living and dining and found out my living room fan seems slow while switch on full speed and helped me to change the electric board..

tionwooi,
I think you better check the fan as well..as you know...that feller do things...sigh..

Bro, so far mine no problem. The person who gif me problem now is the developer. One of my car park lot always flood when raining coz the cement is a bit higher than the drain so water can flow freely into the drain. Our warranty period will end by tis month so must submit asap.
tionwooi
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 am

yap_ben wrote:Just want to update you guys about my fans that giving problem. The technician came and check on my fan and they told me that the casing of the fan is not locked properly..DAMN CONTRACTOR! Evil or Very Mad

tionwooi,
what fan is that? KDK? Panasonic??

how much it cost you to change the circuit board?

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 am

Is a Panasonic Fan, the circuits board are free because is still under warranty. If change I think around 60-80, need to confirm with my wife coz she deal with the technician
yap_ben
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum: