AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Air Conditioner & Fans

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Air Conditioner & Fans

Post by GW on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:33 am

Anyone got idea about Carrier aircond? Its BTU is higher compared to Panasonic and got LED display on the wall unit. But Carrier is same company with Toshiba now and dunno still good onot compared to when it was really popular some years ago. If given a choice to choose between Pana or Carrier, which one would you choose? confused

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 pm

i go for whichever brand that give longer warranty. nowdays most electrical made in china, can't really compare to the quality of 'old days', so better assure yourself with warranty than hearsay reputation:)
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:39 am

The problem with warranty is, it does not mean good "customer service". I heard a very reputable and common aircon brand, ask the customer to dismantle the compressor and bring to "shah alam" to claim warranty after it broke down around 2 years using. Only if breakdown within first year they will come door-to-door. If customer service is like that (need to spend own money ask people to dismantle), warranty = no warranty..
Anyway from what I know, all are giving 1+5 (indoor + outdoor compressor) except Mitsu 2+7..

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:19 am

GW wrote:The problem with warranty is, it does not mean good "customer service". I heard a very reputable and common aircon brand, ask the customer to dismantle the compressor and bring to "shah alam" to claim warranty after it broke down around 2 years using. Only if breakdown within first year they will come door-to-door. If customer service is like that (need to spend own money ask people to dismantle), warranty = no warranty..
Anyway from what I know, all are giving 1+5 (indoor + outdoor compressor) except Mitsu 2+7..

If ur aircon install by aircon shop, u can jus get them to dismantle the compressor n send for warranty. It should b FOC. Tat y most of the aircon shop only sell realiable brand.
But if ur aircon install by ur own "bao ka liao" renovation contractor then is depend on them coz most of them oso sub the work out to other ppl.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 am

tionwooi wrote:
GW wrote:The problem with warranty is, it does not mean good "customer service". I heard a very reputable and common aircon brand, ask the customer to dismantle the compressor and bring to "shah alam" to claim warranty after it broke down around 2 years using. Only if breakdown within first year they will come door-to-door. If customer service is like that (need to spend own money ask people to dismantle), warranty = no warranty..

If ur aircon install by aircon shop, u can jus get them to dismantle the compressor n send for warranty. It should b FOC. Tat y most of the aircon shop only sell realiable brand.
But if ur aircon install by ur own "bao ka liao" renovation contractor then is depend on them coz most of them oso sub the work out to other ppl.

Hmm... Not sure about that cos warranty is cover by manufacturer and after sales service provide by manufacturer too.. As i know, when the product under warranty is faulty, we call manufacturer CS and they will send technician to check whether is manufacture fault or installation fault. The electrical shop told me is not FOC to dismantle the compressor unit cos is we claim from manufacturer, not we claim to electrical shop then electrical shop claim to manufacturer.
Just my understanding.. Smile

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Wat I mean is aircond shop but not electrical shop. Normally electrical shop will charge u but the aircond shop wont charge u. Coz electrical shop business is selling electrical products but not check n repair. Jus imagine, will the electrical shop entertain u if u ask them come to ur house to check one of ur electrical item which is something wrong if the item not sold by them?

But if anything goin wrong wif our aircond, the aircond shop technician will come to check n send for warranty. Of course v will b charge if v r not buy the aircond from tat shop.

So I think better ask clearly the shop b4 v decide to buy form them.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by anjakan_putera on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 pm

btw any nearest aircond shop near Aman height?

anjakan_putera

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:56 am

tionwooi wrote:Wat I mean is aircond shop but not electrical shop. Normally electrical shop will charge u but the aircond shop wont charge u. Coz electrical shop business is selling electrical products but not check n repair. Jus imagine, will the electrical shop entertain u if u ask them come to ur house to check one of ur electrical item which is something wrong if the item not sold by them?

But if anything goin wrong wif our aircond, the aircond shop technician will come to check n send for warranty. Of course v will b charge if v r not buy the aircond from tat shop.

So I think better ask clearly the shop b4 v decide to buy form them.

Haha okok din notice the difference there.. I will weigh the pros and cons then.. Need to consider the price they quote as well.. Thanks for the clarification! Smile

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by cm on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 pm

GW wrote:Me also corner unit. No choice all pull to yard. Just wondering whether we need to change the power supply of our unit to "big electric" if we use 4 aircons (2HP + 1.5HP + 1HP + 1HP)? If all on together, will it affect to other units or cause power overload?
(I ask this cos I saw 4 compressors at my neighbour's house.....)

I have the same arrangement like you, 2.0, 1.5, 1.0 and 1.0. A few times, I turned them on together for at least 3 hours. The fuse box seems OK. However, I remember the aircon guy told me that this probably be the maximum we can go in consideration of safety of not overloading. Anything beyond that, either you ensure not to use them concurrently or you need to go 3 phase wiring. AH is only single phase. Middle end or high end condo come with 3 phase which is a standard. Also, you might need to consider the electric hob, oven or high electricity consumption appliances usage as well.

By the way, 2.0 might be to light for living hall. Perhaps should go 2.5 or 3.0. I am going to change it to 2.5. I can't go 3.0 because my aircon piping can only go up to 2.5. If you intend to upgrade to higher horse power in future, make sure you tell your aircon guy to provide you piping that can last to the horse power you want. Of course, this comes with higher cost.

cm

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 am

Cm, i just plan to put 2 aircons, for living n master room. Budget constraint. Sad

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 am

I plan to install 4unit and will control not to on all of them at same time.max only 3...
GW,i plan to install for master room and living first.will install the balance 2unit next month.$$ problem also...haha

Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm

finally install my master bedroom 1.5hp mitsubishi non inverter aircon today, placed my compressor on 2nd room windows yard, but stupid contractor dunno why raise compressor up till windows level, have to rectify again:(

tch

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 pm

tch wrote:finally install my master bedroom 1.5hp mitsubishi non inverter aircon today, placed my compressor on 2nd room windows yard, but stupid contractor dunno why raise compressor up till windows level, have to rectify again:(

Bro, the stupid contractor u mention is tat the aircond contractor I mention to u b4?
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:56 am

got so many stupid contractor...bt i think they are stuborn..nvr inform and refer to other units b4 installation...tats wat happen to my house...
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:32 pm

LUCAS wrote:got so many stupid contractor...bt i think they are stuborn..nvr inform and refer to other units b4 installation...tats wat happen to my house...

Tat is the reason y v alway need to follow up wif these contractors regarding their progress n quality.
Anything getting wrong must correct them asap b4 too late.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCAS on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm

new issue...

cable n hose connect to compressor for aircon exposed at yard must be put into trunking..has seen a unit installing trunking for it...it is the new rule by PC...bt,most of the residents no put trunking...and dun compare wif Block A,this starts to impose on Block B according to MO...gd luck guys
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 pm

LUCAS wrote:new issue...

cable n hose connect to compressor for aircon exposed at yard must be put into trunking..has seen a unit installing trunking for it...it is the new rule by PC...bt,most of the residents no put trunking...and dun compare wif Block A,this starts to impose on Block B according to MO...gd luck guys

I'm one of the unit to put the aircond piping into plastic trunking. Actually at the begining I asked Aziyan she said no need trunking oso can as long as v paint the piping same colour wif the wall. But at last I decide to put trunking since not tat expensive n look more tidy.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by James_ on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:23 am

=.='''' What PC trying to do ?? want to find every single way to telan the "Deposit".....

tionwooi.. how much is the plastic trunking cost ?

James_

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 am

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW

Back to top Go down

Air Cond Water Pipe Issue

Post by meesan on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 am

Hi All,

I wonder you all have checked the water pipe for the air cond properly. I'm having big issue with the air cond pipe in master room. My contractor has just finished installed all air cond. They managed to find out the water is not flowing in the master room. Already alerted to MO, but they took very long to respond. Reason being that PC has sub-con that in-charge of that and keep delaying.

meesan

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:07 pm

tionwooi wrote:
tch wrote:finally install my master bedroom 1.5hp mitsubishi non inverter aircon today, placed my compressor on 2nd room windows yard, but stupid contractor dunno why raise compressor up till windows level, have to rectify again:(

Bro, the stupid contractor u mention is tat the aircond contractor I mention to u b4?

tion wooi, no no, i bought aircon frm electrical shop, workmanship ok, only external compressor i ask put on floor that stupid younster didn't listen carefully and install on bracket near to windows... Embarassed
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

just for sharing...

i have installed all my KDK fans but some of it have "vibrating/shaking" problem when i test it.
My contractor advice me to call KDK customer services for further checking.
Have contacted KDK cust care hotline, now in the middle of arranging technician to inspect and and fix it.
KDK cust care is provide me great after sell services.
Smile
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by meesan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:02 pm

yeepie wrote:just for sharing...

i have installed all my KDK fans but some of it have "vibrating/shaking" problem when i test it.
My contractor advice me to call KDK customer services for further checking.
Have contacted KDK cust care hotline, now in the middle of arranging technician to inspect and and fix it.
KDK cust care is provide me great after sell services.
Smile

Hi Yee Pie

I had encountered the same problem. After my contractor installed the fan, i found that it was quite shaky. Then, called up the 'Elmak' brand to take a look. Now, no more shaky!

meesan

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes this is the common problem, some will ignore it or leave it like this....

actually it can be solved, just call the cust care coz the product is still under the warranty period. Smile
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:03 pm

yeepie, u know what they did to fix the shaky problem? yet install my fan, plan to do diy, just trying my best not to mess up and call for help:p
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top