AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Air Conditioner & Fans

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Air Conditioner & Fans

Post by yeepie on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:44 am

The uncle who do defect tell me the living room aircond point don't have drain pipe pre-installed. So there is a hole at the wall behind the wall for us to install the paid straight to the common bath room... WTx aren't the drainpipe had pre-installed??

Since the copper pipe for gas is a must, can we penetrate the walls for the piping work toward the yard??
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm

No meh...AH1 all got...but lousy ones...
U sure or not? Check your plan... u should be able to get one from the maintenance office...
Some wall can hack, some not allowed else the structure collapse. Check your plan (same as above).
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by chumi4 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Guys,

Just back from AH after getting quote for the air cond fixing! Its really damn expensive,can we by any chance fix it back to back rather then bringing it to the balcony for the master room air cond.On top of that, they did not provide switch for fan for the other two rooms Sad ....pocket got big hole d

chumi4

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:42 am

Distance from aircon ledge to master bedroom is 60ft, to living room is 45ft. According to one of contractor I met, 1.0 to 1.5 HP aircon for master bedroom, the piping is around RM10+ per foot. For 2HP aircon for living, is nearing RM20 per foot cos need different type of piping.
You can do the maths. This is just piping and not include the aircon unit.

Chumi, just noticed that u plan to install at balcony. You may need to consider the heat and noise generated when u switch on the aircon. Means when you turn on ur aircon, most probably u wont be able to sit at ur balcony, or at living with sliding door open. And if not mistaken, u need to install the compressor on the balcony floor so that its not visible from outside?

Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 am

Chumi, last time someone in the forum mention compressor can install at balcony if your unit is 10 floors above. Maybe you can confirm this with management office(MO). Have you have taken the renovation application document from MO? I notice one of the plan have proposed alternative way for install the aircond piping which allowing us to do conceal.
After study that plan I believe your problem may solve.
FIY in this plan you have change your Living room aircond point location to make in “back to back”. For MB aircond piping installation it proposed to hack the toilet wall so the piping will straight to balcony.
For me I will install the compressor at balcony coz I only turn on the aircond at night. So no issue of heat or noice….
Razz
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:59 am

Anyone know the air-con drain piping for both small rooms where to put?
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 am

my next door neighbour install the compressor at the balcony, and it's generating sound polution to me occasionally when it's working hard -_-||

kindly ensure your aircond compressor is not of the noisy type

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 am

If u r not utilising the balcony area and neighbour is not affected then ok. cos if u plan to do balinese or zen concept with water feature, takkan got aircon compressor unit there ma haha... Very Happy

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 am

tionwooi,
Last Saturday we were discussing about it. I think is better drain to the small toilet or the yard area..
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 am

hi all, just confirm living + dining area aircon need 2hp, master bedroom at least 1.5hp, simple maths as below (snap from jusco:p), the piping price can serve as reference, maybe outside contractor quote slightly cheaper:-

Price list for panasonic aircon, 2hp+1.5hp aircon with inverter already cost RM4100 Sad

The aircon external unit for living room should locate on yard and master room aircon locate at outside 2nd room windows area?

i don't want to put master room aircon external unit at balcony, if locate it at yard area piping will be super long & expensive, can we just it at windows area at 2nd room, think got some small ledge thingy to support it, maybe just poke a hole at wall to let the piping come into master room, but the internal unit can only be at opposite wall of what developer giving now, feasible? I'm not planning aircon for 2nd/3rd room:)
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:48 am

yap_ben wrote:tionwooi,
Last Saturday we were discussing about it. I think is better drain to the small toilet or the yard area..

Ben, confirmed drain to small toilet but v will c the piping if not conceal.
N then the problem is v r not allow to hack the wall then how to conceal?

But 1 of the contractor solve tis problem for me tis morning.
He said can hide the drain piping wif the plaster ceiling but need to install a small pump to pump the water up n come out from small toilet plaster ceiling.
I never heard tis b4. I only knew tat drain piping must lower than the air-con unit so tat the water can flow out.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:07 am

tch,
Thanks for the pricing. I think I'll go for normal ones..noneed inverter. Need to save some $

tionwooi,
The aircond piping from the 2 small room will have to come out from the top part of the door then use plaster ceiling to cover the piping. Then go through top toilet front door and move down. Regarding the pump I don't know about it. I found the Basin+cupboard but without the pipe and the drainage things. RM800++ if you want to know the place just let me know
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tionwooi on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 pm

yap_ben wrote:tch,
Thanks for the pricing. I think I'll go for normal ones..noneed inverter. Need to save some $

tionwooi,
The aircond piping from the 2 small room will have to come out from the top part of the door then use plaster ceiling to cover the piping. Then go through top toilet front door and move down. Regarding the pump I don't know about it. I found the Basin+cupboard but without the pipe and the drainage things. RM800++ if you want to know the place just let me know

I think very difficult for us to explain here coz is difficult for us to imagine.
Let discuss when meet up ya.
I'll double confirm wif air-con shop about the pump.
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 pm

yap_ben wrote:tch,

price difference between inverter and without think just ard RM200 bucks only, over long run i think inverter may save that cost back:)
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 am

Inverter piping is different, gas also different, servicing also different. All are more expensive than non-inverter. so its not about the cost of the aircon unit only. correct me if i m wrong Smile

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 am

piping and gas for inverter is different, more expensive (i think i read somewhere Daikin's inverter aircond use normal piping and gas), cost me RM180 to refill gas/refrigerant for my Panasonic 1.5hp.

i regret installing inverter type as i don't use aircond frequently, the energy saving will only kicks in if the aircond is on for say more than 6 hours (some say 8?).. initially when the aircond is on to bring down the room temperature, it has to work as hard as conventional aircond and the inverter doesn't have chance to be utilized.. only when the room temperature is stablized then only inverter comes into play and save you some electricity bill..

by the way, 2hp for living room is okay.. i'm using 1.5hp and i find it barely sufficient.. 1hp for master bedroom is more than enough for me

T
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 am

Daikin R22 inverter, is using R22 gas and normal standard aircond piping.
1 HP is RM1330-1400 include installation.
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by chumi4 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 am

yeepie wrote:Chumi, last time someone in the forum mention compressor can install at balcony if your unit is 10 floors above. Maybe you can confirm this with management office(MO). Have you have taken the renovation application document from MO? I notice one of the plan have proposed alternative way for install the aircond piping which allowing us to do conceal.
After study that plan I believe your problem may solve.
FIY in this plan you have change your Living room aircond point location to make in “back to back”. For MB aircond piping installation it proposed to hack the toilet wall so the piping will straight to balcony.
For me I will install the compressor at balcony coz I only turn on the aircond at night. So no issue of heat or noice….
Razz

Hi Yeppie,

I haven't got the renovation plan yet from the MO,but I heard from one of the contrcator there, all aircond compressor must be fix at the yard area only...not sure how far this is true...I might be dropping by the MO either tomorrow or day after to check on this..if really need to tarik that far....dunno what to say already .... No

chumi4

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 am

chumi4 wrote:
Hi Yeppie,

I haven't got the renovation plan yet from the MO,but I heard from one of the contrcator there, all aircond compressor must be fix at the yard area only...not sure how far this is true...I might be dropping by the MO either tomorrow or day after to check on this..if really need to tarik that far....dunno what to say already .... No

Chumi, look at the plan carefully you will saw they have draw where to put the drain and gas pipe. You will found solution Razz
i will going to AH this Sat morning, will need to rush back home before 1:30pm coz my cloth hanger and sink order will deliver to me at 2pm.

yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by chumi4 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 am

yeepie wrote:
chumi4 wrote:
Hi Yeppie,

Chumi, look at the plan carefully you will saw they have draw where to put the drain and gas pipe. You will found solution Razz
i will going to AH this Sat morning, will need to rush back home before 1:30pm coz my cloth hanger and sink order will deliver to me at 2pm.

Hi Yeppie,

Ok ok thanks,I will go get the plan and see...hopefully can solve my problem

chumi4

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:14 am

today i ask management also, all aircon external unit must installed on kitchen yard area. exception only got 10 floor & above where master room unit can put on balcony. 2nd room unit can put on small yard area outside windows, hope this helps:)
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by GW on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:51 am

tch wrote:today i ask management also, all aircon external unit must installed on kitchen yard area. exception only got 10 floor & above where master room unit can put on balcony. 2nd room unit can put on small yard area outside windows, hope this helps:)

tch, 2nd room small yard area at where? I am unit #9 corner, dont remember seeing any small yard just big yard Smile

GW

Back to top Go down

Post by yap_ben on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:54 am

I think he mentioning the corner unit?
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by yeepie on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

The small yard is the Type A 1238sq.ft unit, is those intermediate units.
2nd room window is at the space between 2 unit Master bedroom wall.
yeepie

Back to top Go down

Post by tch on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

yeepie is right, i think corner unit don't have, so only yard is at kitchen there, thanks for reminding:)
tch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top