AMAN HEIGHTS COMMUNITY FORUM

Grills & Windows

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by DinKnight on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 am

GW, maybe you can publish quote in here since I'm also interested. I would go with you but am not in KL until next week.
avatar
DinKnight

Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 34
Location : Genting Highlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by yap_ben on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:26 am

GW,
Do let me know the latest pricing as well..grill for the main entrance and the yard area for wrought iron and cast iron price..

Sunday what time are you going over there? I might can join you
avatar
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-01-06
Age : 34
Location : Seremban-Puchong-Cyberjaya

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 am

As usual, my Sunday schedule is "when the sun shine on my butt" then I wake... haha
but this Sunday maybe earlier ba... since I plan to go to AH... Smile
I also dunno wat kind of material and what kind of lock and what kind of price... go there only ask!

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by yap_ben on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:45 am

GW wrote:As usual, my Sunday schedule is "when the sun shine on my butt" then I wake... haha
but this Sunday maybe earlier ba... since I plan to go to AH... Smile
I also dunno wat kind of material and what kind of lock and what kind of price... go there only ask!
Hahaha!! Laughing
same here bro..Sunday go to AH for inspection?
avatar
yap_ben
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 688
Join date : 2009-01-06
Age : 34
Location : Seremban-Puchong-Cyberjaya

http://benzee.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 am

no la, Sunday go look see only... cos not yet get key, how to enter the unit.. maybe go see car park, take the lift up, and see whether "by luck" my unit is not locked... haha

Didnt manage to go the grill shop (Liangyee) on Sunday. The person (Ah Soon) was away and can only go his shop after 2pm. I went AH at 11am so couldnt wait that long.

Visit grill shop today. Front door + balcony + yard using normal "hollow" material around RM1400. add door handle add RM120. If want stainless steel, front door alone will cost RM1800+


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try using single post)

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tionwooi on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Stainless stell so expensive huh?

I'm thinking only install stainless steel front door n grill in the yard.
Others windows n balcony jus leave it to save money since I'm in 20 floors.
avatar
tionwooi
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 682
Join date : 2009-04-27
Age : 37
Location : Seri Kembangan

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi all, just managed to grab my keys today, but found my house is not locked at all Rolling Eyes

Think first thing i need to do after inspection is get the iron grill. Anyone got good recommendation over contrator with reasonable price & acceptable workmanship? Due to budget constraint think i'll go for normal grill only Crying or Very sad initially thought can spare for stanless steel, but frm you guys reply seems quite expensive.

I think front door, balcony, yard, bathroom windows and 2nd room (next to master room) need grill as it's pretty "accesible", how do you guys think? Very Happy
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:16 am

i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

Oh Tionwooi, just a note, for balcony, if ur house next door is not occupied one, they can climb over from that side. No need be spiderman climb from ground Very Happy
And the balcony sliding door lock is just "push up lock" type. Not rocket science lock..
Just my 0.02 la...... Smile


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am

Hi GW, you are right also, my initial thought of having grill just to avoid people sneaking in, didn't vote much trust over security guard nowadays as most are foreign workers and tend to change often over time. Overlook the point that avoiding kids climbing windows as potential risk also:)

The price that you got quoted was just standard design? I think hollow steel will do, depends on where is the lock padding located, if expose outside it can be easily cut off with some special scissor thingy found in most construction site.

I'll get some quotation later and share out, since the size and number of doors + windows are fixed so price should not differ that much:)

cheapest way to secure sliding door is by dropping a wood stick on each side of the door rail, by adjusting the length of the stick you can even let the door open for few inches for air circulation without locking the door:)
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:34 am

Ya my hometown got put the stick... but not nice la 2 stick lying on the rail.. Smile
Yes, standard design (just horizontal bars). The uncle know all the measurement and design cos he did for AH1 before.
I have plan to change the kitchen/yard door. Too ugly and middle is glass?? anybody changing also?

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by DinKnight on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:04 pm

hi GW, mind to PM me that uncle's name and contact no? Or you can pass to me when we meet at AH this Saturday? Thanks
avatar
DinKnight

Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-10-22
Age : 34
Location : Genting Highlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi GW, if you are kind enough to PM me the contact for the uncle as well, at least his work 'proven' in AH1:)

yard door i thought developer source frm some scratch project, this odd door really didn't fit the whole theme. Though quite practical (you can view outside via glass), but i guess it's not that necessary when we already got grill on yard, i'm stil deciding whether just remove this or replace with some kind of curtain or retractable door, any suggestion?Smile
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 am

Haha TCH, no need PM... i got it from thedude (if u scroll up this thread u can see him giving me his number).. u can call him Ah Soon.
If u want then can call him to come over for actual measurement.. actually I dont plan to survey a lot of shop for grill.. proven and reasonable then I will go ahead....
The ones that I will survey more are kitchen cabinets/wardrobe and plaster ceiling/wiring/aircon. These 2 cost a lot more and workmanship very important.

It's on Jalan Besar next to the 2 chicken rice shop. Very near the traffic light and bus stop.
Forgot the fella's name but still have his number : 016-2168649.

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 am

Thanks GW, your are right, i guess just install a simple and practical grill will do fine.

I've just took measurement of kitchen only, still thinking how to go about it. Guess need to survey few shops to get some idea, our kitchen got that "rabbit hole" design which i think is a nice touch and good source of lightning:)

As for plaster ceilling i just plan to do a simple L shape box with some T5 lightning and some simple down light, due to our AH design i guess have to do the living + dining room altogether, any idea roughly how much per square feet contractors charging now? Received the promo message from ableclassic, RM2 per sf, is that reasonable? Smile
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by nightghost on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am

Ableclassic give me the same price , RM2 per sf .. but they didn't list out the price L shape box .. it seems that they assume that i want to do flat plaster ceiling .. i have already make appointment to visit their show house this week to look at the work .. ( just to steal their design ) .


nightghost

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by LUCAS on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm

GW wrote:i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

LEE contractor,rite?bt i saw a notice paste at the lobby entrance, saying AH blacklisted this contractor...i also duno y...
avatar
LUCAS
Moderators
Moderators

Posts : 411
Join date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 pm

nightghost wrote:Ableclassic give me the same price , RM2 per sf .. but they didn't list out the price L shape box .. it seems that they assume that i want to do flat plaster ceiling .. i have already make appointment to visit their show house this week to look at the work .. ( just to steal their design ) .

yup, i plan to drop by this sat afternoon also, want to go together?Smile need to survey few shops to get some ideas and check price and workmanship:)

LUCAS wrote:
GW wrote:i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

LEE contractor,rite?bt i saw a notice paste at the lobby entrance, saying AH blacklisted this contractor...i also duno y...

probably he didn't clean up mess or owner didn't informed management over renovation? Razz


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by yeepie on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 pm

someone also tell me they had been blacklisted... silent
avatar
yeepie

Posts : 407
Join date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by thedude on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

tch wrote:
LUCAS wrote:
GW wrote:i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

LEE contractor,rite?bt i saw a notice paste at the lobby entrance, saying AH blacklisted this contractor...i also duno y...

probably he didn't clean up mess or owner didn't informed management over renovation? Razz

If he's the dude with spiky hair and some walkie talkie hanging from his waist...it's becoz he almost made the whole block collapse....hahaha...

tch wrote:Hi GW, if you are kind enough to PM me the contact for the uncle as well, at least his work 'proven' in AH1:)

yard door i thought developer source frm some scratch project, this odd door really didn't fit the whole theme. Though quite practical (you can view outside via glass), but i guess it's not that necessary when we already got grill on yard, i'm stil deciding whether just remove this or replace with some kind of curtain or retractable door, any suggestion?Smile

Door? What door? You mean the piece of wood that I quickly take out and throw away? Muahahaha....
It's now replaced with a Japanese blind....


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)
avatar
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 693
Join date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:18 pm

thedude, yup, the ugly door between kitchen and yard:p you already throw it off? i thought without cf yet we can't mod anything? Smile

thedude wrote:
tch wrote:
LUCAS wrote:
GW wrote:i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

LEE contractor,rite?bt i saw a notice paste at the lobby entrance, saying AH blacklisted this contractor...i also duno y...

probably he didn't clean up mess or owner didn't informed management over renovation? Razz

If he's the dude with spiky hair and some walkie talkie hanging from his waist...it's becoz he almost made the whole block collapse....hahaha...

what this fellow did? Sounds serious man:)


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try using single post)
avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by thedude on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:16 am

tch wrote:thedude, yup, the ugly door between kitchen and yard:p you already throw it off? i thought without cf yet we can't mod anything? Smile

Fren, I Block A lah... kekeke...

tch wrote:
thedude wrote:
tch wrote:
LUCAS wrote:
GW wrote:i plan to do grill for whole house, normal grill also..
Front, balcony, yard, 3 bedroom window, and 2 toilet window. Should be around 2K for all.
I ask that uncle Ah Soon, (recommend by AH1 forummer), he seems an honest guy. He said, for condo, "hollow" and "filled" steel is same, just cosmetic only. If the person want to break in, you cant stop him. Most important is Security Guard. And he advise if got small children, should install grill at all windows. Not prevent people come in but prevent children drop out.
I got a contractor give me name card yesterday. he said "whole house" grill RM1600. but not sure include the 3 bedroom windows and 2 bathroom windows onot.

LEE contractor,rite?bt i saw a notice paste at the lobby entrance, saying AH blacklisted this contractor...i also duno y...

probably he didn't clean up mess or owner didn't informed management over renovation? Razz

If he's the dude with spiky hair and some walkie talkie hanging from his waist...it's becoz he almost made the whole block collapse....hahaha...

what this fellow did? Sounds serious man:)

Haha... go ask Azian....
But confirmed he's still there. Saw him there this morning... still with the walkie talkie...
He might have changed his company name by now but it's still the same fella.
Good luck...


Last edited by yap_ben on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post, try use single post)
avatar
thedude
Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Posts : 693
Join date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by GW on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:47 am

Dude, i think it is another man this Lee. He is uncle and definitely not spiky hair.
Btw, the person who talked to Azian this morning abt walkie talkie guy, was that u? Very Happy

GW

Posts : 743
Join date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by tch on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:21 pm

GW wrote:Dude, i think it is another man this Lee. He is uncle and definitely not spiky hair.
Btw, the person who talked to Azian this morning abt walkie talkie guy, was that u? Very Happy

Just saw the notice today, seems not just 1 constructor got banned by management, anyone know the reason? Question

avatar
tch

Posts : 311
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : AH2 9th floor :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by feihonglee on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 am

lol... yday spend 1.5 hour to get the quote from Lee.
wow blacklisted from all future renovation approvals? Means our unit can not renovate by them? found his quote ok wo Shocked

feihonglee

Posts : 60
Join date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by anjakan_putera on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:06 am

What Type of renovation need approval from managment office. I believe small reno like install grill, install light/fan no need approval from managemnt office right. Renovation tthat need approval such as kitchen reno, ceiling plaster etc.. How about install aircond?...

anjakan_putera

Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Grills & Windows

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum